You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #68476  by Dr. Eastwood

Pending further matters with the KCSPCA, I can't really comment on that at this time. Suffice to say, they're going to be hurting here shortly. This dog isn't really "new", she's my father's and we've been taking care of her for awhile now. She's an older German Shepherd. She came from a friend who passed away. He'd trained her to be a working dog as a "hobby" while he was working for the FBI.

#68477  by bmel17

beautiful dog! I have 2 shepherds myself. They are great animals and smart too
 #68481  by bluedog46

She is so adorable. My wife had a retired police dog when she was younger and loves German shepards. We were looking for one when we got our golden retriever.

I notice that German Shepards look serious almost always

Golden retrievers almost always seem to look hungry
 #71007  by Dr. Eastwood

You'd think that if you were driving a state owned Dodge Caravan with the plates "S6957", you'd be smart enough to not speed around me, cut me off without using your turn signal, tailgate the person in front of you, AND use your cell phone during the whole ordeal.

Not much related to firearms per se, save for my weapon being on the seat next to me while this incident occurred.

And yes, their ass was reported
 #71018  by Frank

Good job Doc! I retired from the USGS, and have reported many state and fed vehicles for bad and illegal driving. Fed drivers have not been allowed to use cell phones while driving since 1980.
 #72724  by Jerry

Open Carried all day around Bear, some looks, no police sadly, I want that confrontation so I can see the reaction. But mostly nobody seemed to really care and most that I talk to in business I go into are happy to have someone armed in their place of business.
 #72725  by jslacker

Whoa, Jerry nice thread jacking! Perhaps you should start your own log for us to peruse. SN: Why would you want the confrontations ?
 #72727  by Mr.Skellington

Jerry wrote:Open Carried all day around Bear, some looks, no police sadly, I want that confrontation so I can see the reaction. But mostly nobody seemed to really care and most that I talk to in business I go into are happy to have someone armed in their place of business.
Oh boy :?
 #72729  by photog

Jerry wrote: no police sadly, I want that confrontation so I can see the reaction.

With all due respect Sir and just my opinion, if that is your reason for carrying, you are carrying for the wrong reasons.

But mostly nobody seemed to really care and most that I talk to in business I go into are happy to have someone armed in their place of business.
In my years of open carrying, I have found that most people (including LEO's) don't notice or care. Besides, we are a friendly, law abiding group of people who would have issue with that..... ;)

Now, back to the good Dr's OC log..... :lol:
 #72752  by Dr. Eastwood

photog wrote:
Jerry wrote: no police sadly, I want that confrontation so I can see the reaction.

With all due respect Sir and just my opinion, if that is your reason for carrying, you are carrying for the wrong reasons.

But mostly nobody seemed to really care and most that I talk to in business I go into are happy to have someone armed in their place of business.
In my years of open carrying, I have found that most people (including LEO's) don't notice or care. Besides, we are a friendly, law abiding group of people who would have issue with that..... ;)

Now, back to the good Dr's OC log..... :lol:
:lol: I don't mind, at least somebody is posting in it, I don't have the heart to start competing with Myopic's diaries. I only ever post things of mild interest that occurred while carrying anymore.