You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #73544  by Dr. Eastwood

Walked to the end of the driveway today. There's been a tan or blue late model Chevrolet Impala sitting on the side on and off for the past few days, obviously LEO, and tired of them sitting there without asking if they could be on the property. As I approached I noted the plates, Virginia tags, and then tapped on the window. Two bugged eyed federal employees, who hadn't even noticed me approaching, cracked the window and asked me what I wanted. I asked them why they'd been sitting in my driveway, to which they replied "it's part of an investigation sir". I asked them to identify themselves properly. They slowly reached for their badges (they were quite skittish to see that I was armed), and showed me that they were customs enforcement. I told them that was nice, but if they couldn't give me a clear reason as to why they were sitting there, they would have to clear out as they were blocking the flow of traffic. They gave me a rather sour look, told me they were calling their supervisor, and rolled up the windows. Two minutes later, the driver got off the phone beet red, rolled down the window, said they were leaving, and then drove off. If they'd been a little bit nicer and told me what exactly they were doing there, I might have let them stay.
 #73546  by jslacker

Dr. Eastwood wrote:Walked to the end of the driveway today. There's been a tan or blue late model Chevrolet Impala sitting on the side on and off for the past few days, obviously LEO, and tired of them sitting there without asking if they could be on the property. As I approached I noted the plates, Virginia tags, and then tapped on the window. Two bugged eyed federal employees, who hadn't even noticed me approaching, cracked the window and asked me what I wanted. I asked them why they'd been sitting in my driveway, to which they replied "it's part of an investigation sir". I asked them to identify themselves properly. They slowly reached for their badges (they were quite skittish to see that I was armed), and showed me that they were customs enforcement. I told them that was nice, but if they couldn't give me a clear reason as to why they were sitting there, they would have to clear out as they were blocking the flow of traffic. They gave me a rather sour look, told me they were calling their supervisor, and rolled up the windows. Two minutes later, the driver got off the phone beet red, rolled down the window, said they were leaving, and then drove off. If they'd been a little bit nicer and told me what exactly they were doing there, I might have let them stay.
Way to go Doc, I bet they expected to just be able to sit in your driveway because of their shiny little badges. Way to stand your ground! :applause: :applause:
 #73548  by SeanM

^^^^ +1

What jslacker said....

:applause:

Sean
 #73549  by Dr. Eastwood

Thanks guys. It still irks me that they had to act all high and mighty. I don't have a problem when NCCPD parks in my driveway, they've been courteous and respectful, but these flunkies looked like they were laying claim to it for how long they've been sitting there. Like no one would notice or be upset with that...
 #73566  by Jonnybow

I have some dirtbags who live diagonally across the street from me, I encourage the DSP to come sit in my driveway to monitor the drug activity.
I think I might have a little different view if I had what you had going on, glad you took care of it. I hate when people just do without simply asking for permission.
 #81738  by Dr. Eastwood

My god, it's been forever since I've had anything of interest happen. Stopped by Pathmark of Newark today (which I never do) and perused the store with my kids looking for some lunch ideas. After a short while in there, I noticed I was being followed by some Asian guy who kept comically peering around the corner at me from the end of the aisle. Half expecting him to phone in an MWAG, I was surprised to leave Pathmark without being accosted. Then again, maybe I was done soon enough to avoid a meet and greet with NPD.
 #81755  by Bullpup

I live a mile from that Pathmark and OC there all the time (and in the liquor store next to it), though usually at night. Have never had a problem there. That parking lot can be a creepy place after dark.