You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #46851  by rmalec

My Serpa came in the other day, so I finally did it.

OC'd in the shopping center at the Limestone/Milltown intersection. First went to the Valero to hit the ATM and put gas in the Jeep. Some stares but nothing said, when I got to the counter the lady behind their didn't bat an eye. I go there all the time so no biggie. While outside filling up, an older gentleman comes up to me and asks, "Its legal to carry a gun like that, open I mean?" I responded with a yes, no permit necessary as long as it is OC. He laughed and said, "I like that attitude son, have a good day". First interaction while OC'ing successful!

Next I walked to the Dunkin Donuts to grab a bagel. Here is where things get interesting. I go up to the counter and order, and all the clerks were staring, which didn't bother me. Then the guy in the blue shirt comes up and pushes the other two out of the way and says to me, "Don't worry about it sir its on us, thanks for your service." I responded, "I am not a police officer sir, just citizen." He didn't seem to care and insisted I take my free bagel. So I conceded after a few more explanations, but put 3 dollars in their tip jar. While waiting for my bagel, a lady comes up to me and asks, " my girlfriend and I were wondering if you were a cop." I respond, "No just a citizen." She then asks the usual why do you carry, ect ect. I explain things about protection and exercising rights. Not sure if she totally agreed or not, but she reached into her purse and pulled out a Jehova's Witness Packet and explains things. She then leaves me with the quote, " Read this, God's plan is coming so you WON'T have to carry that thing." Interesting conversation to say the least.

Then walked to the Happy Harry's which is the next store over. Needed a drink to go with my bagel, and Dunkin stopped carrying the Arizona Teas so. Walked in and right away a young employee sees me, looks at my waist, and does a 180. O well. Get my drink, find out they are 2 for 1, grab another, pay and walk out. No issues in Happy Harry's.

So for my first OC experience I guess that was a pretty long adventure. Didn't really bother me OC'ing, but I guess I am used to my firearm so that helps. A lot of pedestrian interaction for my first time, but I think I handled it well. So there is my first entry of many more into the log!!
 #46858  by Dr. Eastwood

Grats!

"God's plan is coming so you WON'T have to carry that thing." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #46859  by rmalec

Dr. Eastwood wrote:Grats!

"God's plan is coming so you WON'T have to carry that thing." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea....I tried really really hard to keep a straight face. Just left me thinking to myself like....this is my first time OC'ing....give me a break.
 #46860  by scampbell3

"...ma'am, until that time comes, I NEED to carry this thing" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chip
 #46863  by GatorDude

rmalec wrote:

Yea....I tried really really hard to keep a straight face. Just left me thinking to myself like....this is my first time OC'ing....give me a break.
You haven't heard? Jesus returns on 5/21/11. I have it marked on my calendar and everything! Not sure about where or what time or in what form..... :roll:
 #46864  by WPCatfish

Wow. They have a line rehearsed for every situation they could be faced with.

Hope you're enjoying your copy of 'The Watchtower!'
 #46865  by rmalec

He will come down in a full white suit with long hair and an awesome beard. O and a Gold Desert Eagle on his hip... :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #46866  by rmalec

WPCatfish wrote:Wow. They have a line rehearsed for every situation they could be faced with.

Hope you're enjoying your copy of 'The Watchtower!'
Hahaha that is exactly what they gave me. Craziness.
 #46869  by GatorDude

My personal experience with Jehovah's Witnesses...outside of them knocking on your door...has always been good. I used to work with one and he was a really tremendous guy that would do anything to help you. Very respectful, friendly, nice, etc.

He would also have very low-key religious discussions with me (I told him I am very interested in learning about what he believes, but that he should not waste his time trying to convert me). He respected that and always discussed things in that vein. Interesting indeed.