You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #47482  by rmalec

OC'd into walmart to buy rounds for the weekend, and got asked by a young kid walking around if I was going to "shoot up the bad guys". I told him no and walked away. Nothing else interesting happened, just like we like it.

Side note: I have only OC'd a handful of times, but it seems like I always get the interesting situations to happen to me. Must be my manly charm that draws people toward me :pbjtime: :pbjtime:
 #47486  by rmalec

GatorDude wrote:Were you going to shoot up the good guys? :lol: ;) :o
Always a possibility with the sheeple of today ;)
 #47562  by WPCatfish

rmalec wrote:OC'd into walmart to buy rounds for the weekend, and got asked by a young kid walking around if I was going to "shoot up the bad guys".
I always like overhearing the comment 'that guy's buying enough ammo to start a war.'
 #47571  by GatorDude

WPCatfish wrote:
rmalec wrote:OC'd into walmart to buy rounds for the weekend, and got asked by a young kid walking around if I was going to "shoot up the bad guys".
I always like overhearing the comment 'that guy's buying enough ammo to start a war.'
You could always respond as follows:

Actually, no. We've researched the subject extensively and, based on wars that have been conducted, we'd need a whole lot more ammo than this. Care to contribute?

:o :mrgreen:
 #47711  by rmalec

OC'd to Crossroads after my class let out early for some good food and coffee. Nobody seemed to notice. Went to walmart to look at some DVD's and browse around, then to Harbor Freight to look at safes. Their selection was terrible so I gave up on the search and ran over to Xring to pick up magazines for my 5906. Walking in I noticed the exact GunVault safe I was looking for. So I scoop that bad boy up along with 2 mags. Guy in Xring made the comment that it was good seeing another stainless OC'er around, as he was carrying some type of stainless 1911. All in all a good day for OC.
 #47716  by myopicvisionary

When I OC to Crossroads, I make sure to sit at the counter so I can be entertained by my favorite waitress Karen.
 #47723  by rmalec

I sat at the counter. Older lady with short black hair was my waitress. She was good.
 #48064  by rmalec

OC'd on Saturday night to Dick's to get rounds for the range on sunday. Nobody said a thing until I was in line and in front of me were some girls around my age. They were buying 3 wiffle ball bats and no balls or anything else, so I knew they had an interesting night ahead of them.

One of them turned around, gaped, poked her friend, and they both turn around and ask, " Do we scare you or something? Why do you have a gun?" I say personal protection, ect...and they ask why would you need that at the mall. I proceed tell them about the person held at gunpoint around the same time in the Macy's parking lot a couple weeks ago. That seemed to hit home with them. They paid for their stuff, said goodbye to me, and walked out.
 #48612  by Dr. Eastwood

rmalec wrote:OC'd on Saturday night to Dick's to get rounds for the range on sunday. Nobody said a thing until I was in line and in front of me were some girls around my age. They were buying 3 wiffle ball bats and no balls or anything else, so I knew they had an interesting night ahead of them.

One of them turned around, gaped, poked her friend, and they both turn around and ask, " Do we scare you or something? Why do you have a gun?" I say personal protection, ect...and they ask why would you need that at the mall. I proceed tell them about the person held at gunpoint around the same time in the Macy's parking lot a couple weeks ago. That seemed to hit home with them. They paid for their stuff, said goodbye to me, and walked out.
They were intent on menacing you with those wiffle bats, but choked when they saw you were not to be trifled with!