You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #56025  by astro_wanabe

If you use a paddle holster, or the MOD-U-LOCK platform (belt loop model with easy detachment, so you can take it off like a paddle holster) you could possibly slip the whole holster onto the chest strap of your seatbelt, the draw would be the same as a chest-mounted MOLLE rig. If you're using the SERPA quick disconnect system you could leave the MOD-U-LOCK version there permanently:
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SERPA- ... 394,82.htm

Of course, having it mounted at chest level could be more attention-grabbing than a hip holster so you'd have to be ok with that.
 #56068  by rmalec

That is pretty interesting. Possibly look into that, but its getting colder so I think the doors are staying on for now.
 #56094  by rmalec

So yesterday I pretty much had my firearm on my side all day.

Went to Dick's Sporting goods around 12 to grab a safe since we are starting to amass quite a collection of old firearms. Things went well in there as usual. Ran into a hunting buddy there who was CCing and chatted for a bit.

Next came home, took the safe out of the box and set that all up, then ended up going to Xring with some friends. I needed clips for the M1 Garand my dad just bought, as well as some 32 auto. My buddy ended up buying a Ruger 9mm of some kind, and I ended up having them set aside a Mossberg 22lr. Thing was only $200 so I had to grab it, but I didn't have a second form of ID so I couldn't take it home then. No issues OC'ing at Xring for me as usual. A guy was in there buying some kind of rifle, I forget what, and he asked me if I OC alot. I told him yea all the time and then he comes out and says, "yea I read some horror stories about people on Deloc and it kinda scares me." He was mainly talking about whoever got stopped at the Walmart in Middletown.

Anyway, after X-ring I came home and we all went to the new Habachi Suchi Buffet place off Kirkwood highway. It was GREAT and me plus 2 others were carrying. The staff didn't really know what to make of us and stared a little but, but we were all comfortable about things that I'm guessing they assumed things were ok :pbjtime: All in all a good day.
 #56096  by rmalec

Yes. Just picked up an M1 Garand. Actually just got back from Ommelanden. I fired off the first round of 30-06 and everyone in the range stopped and came over to see what it was. Thing is a beast. Its dead on 35 yards.

Also have a FN model 1949 that shoots 8mm. Its a cool little rifle. Also have a marlin 30-30 lever action that is a blast to shoot as well, the lever action just has a coolness factor to it.
 #56104  by myopicvisionary

Kimberton Fish & Game holds monthly Garand matches. They are this side of Phoenixville. The matches are $25.00 which includes the .30-06 ammunition they issue for the match. Normally, the M1 match is fired at 200 yards but their longest range is 100 yards. So the target is reduced in size to appear the same as the full size target at 200. Course of fire is the "A" course. Thirty-five rounds are issued. There are two targets in your lane. First is five sighter rounds in the left target. After that is ten rounds for record in the right target. All rounds are fired single shot from the prone position in a maximum of fifteen minutes. After the time is up, the line is cleared and the competitors walk down range to score and repair. The next stage is rapid fire prone. Stage is started in the standing position. On the command of "LOAD", drop an empty clip into the receiver and push two rounds into it. Push the clip with two rounds down until it locks in, continue pushing rounds down so the bolt closes on an empty chamber. With the command "COMMENCE FIRING", drop down and assume a prone position. Cycle the bolt to chamber the first round and fire both rounds at the left target, then reload with a full clip of eight rounds. Fire the remaining eight at the same left target. Time limit for ten rounds to score is eighty seconds. The third stage is standing offhand slow fire. Ten rounds; fired single shot at the right target, in ten minutes. Use of sling in the standing position is prohibited. After all rounds are fired, shooters go down range to score and repair targets for the next relay. You get to keep your fired brass! In addition to M1s, the Vintage Military match is fired concurrently. Everything is the same except it is open to .30 caliber US service rifles from WW1 and WW2. Enfields, 1903s, Johnsons use the same issued .30-06 ammo. M1 carbines can be used and carbine ammo is issued as well. The .30-40 Krag is allowed but you have to provide your own ammunition.
 #56105  by rmalec

That sounds awesome. My buddy has a 1903 so that sounds like a good time. May have to look into that, thanks.