You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #50547  by Trex88

Well, I guess it's time to start my own log since today was my first time OCing since I've moved to Delaware. :pbjtime:

I put my USP .40 Custom Compact in my Blackhawk serpa holster and headed out on my motorcycle since it was nice out. I went to the mail center/check cashing place behind the Hardees in Milford to get some notary work done for my fire company application. There was a younger girl and a guy probably around my age behind the counter, both took a glance at first but never mentioned anything and just went about their normal business taking care of my needs. I left there and decided to cross over the highway and try out the new Popeye's, nobody there seemed to notice, food wasn't too bad either. I then headed up to Walmart to get an onion and two 100 round boxes of target ammo. The guys at the sporting goods dept were very helpful, one asked if I was military and I replied "no, just someone who believes in self defense and our second amendment rights." He smiled and nodded in agreement. Nobody in the store seemed to do much more than a simple passing glance except one high school kid just stopped and stared as I walked past. When I got back out to my bike I realized my nylon drawstring backpack wasn't under my seat as it usually was, then I noticed a guy with his eyeballs basically popping out of his head. I couldn't tell if he was staring because of my gun or the fact that I'm trying to figure out where to shove 200rds and an onion on a sport bike... :lol:

I got a couple nods from guys on the highway as they passed me, either people down here are extremely friendly, love guns, or someone really popular has the same bike as me..

I'm use to OCing all the time up in PA, but I was still a little nervous today since I didn't know what to expect as far as people's reactions here. To me it was a rather good day, no issues or bad encounters, exactly how it should be! Only thing that was difficult is mapping out a route that avoids school zones, I had to hit rt 1 then do a u-turn up by the dealerships to get onto 113 south into Milford. Seems as if there's a school everywhere I look around here.
 #50564  by scampbell3

:pointlaugh:
Trex88 wrote:I'm trying to figure out where to shove 200rds and an onion on a sport bike...
Thanks for the laugh,

Your Delaware OC experience is pretty much the norm for most of us (except Jagger :lol: )

Chip
 #50583  by jslacker

Welcome to the darkside lol, I would have to agree and say most outings by DELOC members up here are uneventful as a whole.
 #50590  by GatorDude

jslacker wrote:Welcome to the darkside lol, I would have to agree and say most outings by DELOC members up here are uneventful as a whole.
You should sit near Boots..... :roll:
 #50596  by JägerMatthias

Haha, scampbell3 has the right idea. My bad luck doesn't rub off on anybody, so you should be just fine. Congrats on first OC! 8-)
 #50598  by scampbell3

JägerMatthias wrote:Haha, scampbell3 has the right idea. My bad luck doesn't rub off on anybody, so you should be just fine. Congrats on first OC! 8-)

But your luck did result in a well written letter by Gator to NCC.

Chip
 #50604  by SugarBoy13

scampbell3 wrote:
JägerMatthias wrote:Haha, scampbell3 has the right idea. My bad luck doesn't rub off on anybody, so you should be just fine. Congrats on first OC! 8-)

Chip
I can't imagine the kind of letter Gator would have sent if HE was the one STOPPED? :shock:

NCCPD had better be on notice. :lol:
 #50609  by GatorDude

SugarBoy13 wrote:
scampbell3 wrote:

Chip
I can't imagine the kind of letter Gator would have sent if HE was the one STOPPED? :shock:

NCCPD had better be on notice. :lol:
Letter? I think we'd call that a summons in a civiil suit... :D