You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #51561  by ocPX4

I suppose I'll start one of these logs...

5/24/11

I OC'd for the very 1st time @ the Ruby Tuesdays in Bear during the May monthly meeting. I have to admit that I was a little nervous and wanted to go into the Happy Harry's before the meeting but I didn't have the nerve. After some of the members arrived I felt a little more comfortable and joined everyone outside. After dinner, my nerves were not that bad and I decided to go into the Happy Harry's. I felt like everyone was looking at me but I got what I needed and paid without incident.

5/25/11

I decided to OC again this AM and stopped at the Royal Farms in Smyrna. I don't think anyone noticed but I was really too tired to care. I needed coffee. I could not OC in the afternoon/evening as I was in Dover. :censored:
 #51563  by GatorDude

The neon sign will, as many will tell you, fade as you OC more and more.

When I OC once in a while, I still think there's a sign over my head too.....
 #51586  by Dr. Eastwood

I stopped doing logs because

nothing
ever
happens

(much to the chagrin of anti-gun activists, which think that carrying a weapon makes you a dangerous rabid psychopath with an itchy trigger finger eager to commit the next columbine shooting)

Which is a very good thing! :D

But remember, never become complacent, and always be aware of your surroundings.
 #51594  by stgcrew

A question for Women who OC: Is it more accepted? Do you get worried looks? Once I get my holster I would like to OC and wonder if the "looks" and wary feelings from the public are just as intense as it is for men who OC? Are men seen as more of a potential "threat" than a woman carrying a gun?

Just wondering... :)
 #51599  by SugarBoy13

stgcrew wrote:A question for Women who OC: Is it more accepted? Do you get worried looks? Once I get my holster I would like to OC and wonder if the "looks" and wary feelings from the public are just as intense as it is for men who OC? Are men seen as more of a potential "threat" than a woman carrying a gun?

Actually, I would be more concerned about that cat in your avatar than women Ocing! :lol:
 #51609  by stgcrew

SugarBoy13 wrote: Actually, I would be more concerned about that cat in your avatar than women Ocing! :lol:

LOL! That is my backup. ;)
 #51613  by GatorDude

SugarBoy13 wrote:
stgcrew wrote:A question for Women who OC: Is it more accepted? Do you get worried looks? Once I get my holster I would like to OC and wonder if the "looks" and wary feelings from the public are just as intense as it is for men who OC? Are men seen as more of a potential "threat" than a woman carrying a gun?

Actually, I would be more concerned about that cat in your avatar than women Ocing! :lol:
Whew! For a second there I thought Chris was going to give advice about women OC'ing.... :lol:
 #62173  by ocPX4

Its been a while since my last visit and log. While I still occasionally OC in NCC I can't often carry in Kent because I'm mostly in the Dover area. However, that will change in the very near future as I'm going to finally get my CCW this year. I feel that I'm now well practiced and feel that I'm ready to carry on a daily basis.

Most of my OC experiences are pretty uneventful. However, I recently had an interesting OC experience. I responded to a local online ad via email and decided to meet this person for a potential purchase. We agreed to meet in a shopping plaza where there was plenty of traffic and people roaming around. I arrived early to scope the location and wait for the seller. When he arrived, he checked me out and I could see him also checking out the meeting place. We both nodded to each other and exited our vehicles. He immediately noticed me OCing as I was introducing myself. We shook hands and he took out the merchandise. I checked it out and liked it and we negotiated the price. I handed him the cash to count and he accepted payment. He then asked me if I was a cop. I told him I was not and he asked me if I had a permit. I politely informed him that a permit was not necessary in DE for open carry. He made a joke about me carrying to protect myself from the craigslist killer and I suggested that he should have done the same. We chatted for a few more minutes about how its a pain to get a permit in DE and I suggested to him that he should exercise his rights with OCing especially if he meets strangers off of the internet responding to ads. I briefly told him where he could and could not OC in DE and told him to do a bit of research. We both thanked each other for the business and got into our vehicles and drove off.

I can only hope that in the future he also decides to OC. He is a gun owner and it's not doing him a lot of good in a high risk scenario when it is at home locked in a safe.