You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #53205  by willyb1972020

i have been open carry for 2 weeks now i told my dad. But i showed up to his house two days ago and he freaked out at me. first off he is a former marine and is afraid someone is going to take it from me. I am 125lbs and all of 5'6", and have a strip clamp holster style. I want to get a live action holster. But I would like to know how to handle it. He showed me everything i know sence as young as i can remember. But i beleive in my rights to carry and want to express my opion on opion carry. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by willyb1972020 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #53208  by myopicvisionary

So he freaked out. Continue to carry and be your own person.
 #53218  by P2riquen

How old are you ? First, you should never,ever let someone get that close to you. Second, you need to know what to do if anyone actually tries to reach for your sidearm. I suggest you take some classes but you also need to use common sense. As they say in the military "Stay alert, stay alive!" As far as dad....he will always be your dad,but you have to be your own man....just like myopicvisionary said.
 #53281  by willyb1972020

ok thank you. I am 25 years old, I have been training at home on drawing from my hulster. And self defence with my brother, we also have been practicing him trying to take the dummy gun from me. I want to protect my fam. not get shot infront of them with my own gun.
 #53284  by Condition1

willyb1972020 wrote:ok thank you. I am 25 years old, I have been training at home on drawing from my hulster. And self defence with my brother, we also have been practicing him trying to take the dummy gun from me. I want to protect my fam. not get shot infront of them with my own gun.
I see your point. My dad and I think the same way as your dad from a tactical standpoint. I choose to conceal carry because of the tactical advantages, and less exposure to attention. Good thing you practice with your brother.
 #53357  by willyb1972020

ty and i will keep it up can never practice to much.
 #53364  by JägerMatthias

I remember when I first told my parents.

They were all like:

#53525  by Dr. Eastwood

JägerMatthias wrote:I remember when I first told my parents.

They were all like:

I've never felt the need to tell my dad. My mom only knows because I related the story to her about my dog. To be honest, I just don't care what my parents think of it, it's my own personal safety and I don't have the time or money right now to get my CCDW. When it comes to your life you can't worry about social reactions.
 #53540  by willyb1972020

true but what my dad thinks actually means somthing to me. And has never steered me wrong. But in saying that i do still OC.
 #53561  by Dr. Eastwood

willyb1972020 wrote:true but what my dad thinks actually means somthing to me. And has never steered me wrong. But in saying that i do still OC.
You can still respect him and be your own person.