You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #53566  by willyb1972020

He just decided to tell me today when i was over there. That he used to OC when he was my age and had cops shoot at him a couple times. Along with some other things he is just really worried. Im a small guy he just dont want to see a trigger happy cop shoot me or someone take my gun and shoot me.
 #53829  by harr2969

willyb1972020 wrote:He just decided to tell me today when i was over there. That he used to OC when he was my age and had cops shoot at him a couple times. Along with some other things he is just really worried. Im a small guy he just dont want to see a trigger happy cop shoot me or someone take my gun and shoot me.
That would be scary and I could see how it would affect the input he would give you. You may come to a similar conclusion as him in time based on your experiences, or not, but based on what I have read here and elsewhere, I am still preparing to OC. I personally feel you need to educate yourself and take in all the input. Maybe he's learned something that he could have even done differently in the past to avoid the scenario he was involved in. Perhaps you should ask him about that in a way that shows you respect his input while maintaining the need to make your own decision.

My opinion: I have to say that (almost) every time I have seen an example of police escalating an encounter i see how it could have been reduced in impact or de-escalated by the civilian obeying the LOE while at the same time registering their disagreement/dissent in a calm voice.

NOT every time; there are some that are just off the wall. (e.g. woman arrested while recording from her own yard a couple of weeks back)

Best of luck.
 #54394  by willyb1972020

he wants me to get my ccdw first. so i can carry that way he just dont want people to see it. he is going to carry to after he gets his ccdw.
 #54414  by willyb1972020

He is alwas on his motorcycle and does not think it is safe to oc on a bike and there is just to much attention drown to you whan you oc. He just does not like taking anymore chances sence he got out of the marines.
 #54438  by Boots

willyb1972020 wrote:He just decided to tell me today when i was over there. That he used to OC when he was my age and had cops shoot at him a couple times. ....
How much did he win in his lawsuit against the cops?
 #54450  by willyb1972020

I have been talking to him about it a little at a time as it is a very tuchy subject to him. I have not asked him if he went after to cops that did tat to him.
 #54461  by JägerMatthias

Are my eyes going bad, or did your spelling just make a sharp improvement? Only saw 2 mistakes there. ;)