You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #77083  by bluedog46

davidtor wrote:
willyb1972020 wrote:Yesterday (7-16-2011) I went out with the fam. to WAWA got some smokes. Then stoped at Walmart, and then went out to eat at Denny's. There just happin to be 6 under cover cops there. I thought to myself is all of the dunkin donuts closed and great going to get hassled by cops when i have my kids with me. Someone was looking out for me because nothing happend. They staired at me the hole time and a state cop followed us home. So fun fun fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today (7-17-2011) I went to get gas and smokes, For some reason there was a undercover cop driving around the neighborhood. Waved hi like i alwas do and went on my way. When i got back my wife was talking to the cop. When they were done i asked her what was going on. She said the cop called her over and started talking to her about me carrying a gun. And how i am a target and its not safe for me or the kids if there around me. Whell at this point im pissed off. But let it go. We will see were it goes from here.
That would get me mad also if a cop told my girlfriend that( in my case lol) I've been around plenty of cops while i was OC'ing and they have yet to say anything to me especially on my street there is always cops because of some of the people that live up the street. They are always up to no good. I usually go to be nosey and ask the cops if everything is ok haha. I didn't like how the cop said you would become a target I truly believe anyone, especially criminals, respect a person with a gun. I believe you become less of a target if a criminal sees a gun on you. They aren't that brave, they take advantage of who they know couldn't cause harm to them I'm guessing. Just my opinion.
People also talk about "element of surpsie" the reality is that it takes longer to pull a gun out of an in the pants or something than open carry.
 #77088  by willyb1972020

Now that this was brought back up still to this day i have cops especially but also other people that when they finally notice that i have a gun. Still tell me I am making my self a target and am going to get me or one of my family members hurt.
 #77089  by Mr.Skellington

willyb1972020 wrote:Now that this was brought back up still to this day i have cops especially but also other people that when they finally notice that i have a gun. Still tell me I am making my self a target and am going to get me or one of my family members hurt.
You'll shoot your eye out kid

But seriously I wonder how those officers would respond to the question of how they and their family feels about their career choice which surely must make them also a "target" if not a bigger one. They avoid the trap of why they carry when off duty (out of uniform) with the line that the police are never "off duty" :roll:
 #77113  by davidtor

willyb1972020 wrote:Now that this was brought back up still to this day i have cops especially but also other people that when they finally notice that i have a gun. Still tell me I am making my self a target and am going to get me or one of my family members hurt.
Lol I just can't see how you make yourself a target. I had my moms friend mention that also that if a person went to rob a place I would be the first target which I can understand. But that's why when you OC you have to be aware of everything. But honestly most criminals aren't to smart so they would probably just have there eyes set on the money etc.
 #78243  by willyb1972020

Was out running around today and stopped by a couple stores. A lot of people seem to be talking about guns right now. Most of what I have been hearing is pro gun. But the anti gun people were so out of line. I was thinking I have seen saner people in the asane asylum. They have no idea what there saying, and when there asked if you had a gun and someone broke in your house would you shoot them. Evrey one of them said YES so after that I let it go and just walked away. :banghead: I always feel like I am missing something but i know I am not.
 #78245  by bluedog46

willyb1972020 wrote:Was out running around today and stopped by a couple stores. A lot of people seem to be talking about guns right now. Most of what I have been hearing is pro gun. But the anti gun people were so out of line. I was thinking I have seen saner people in the asane asylum. They have no idea what there saying, and when there asked if you had a gun and someone broke in your house would you shoot them. Evrey one of them said YES so after that I let it go and just walked away. :banghead: I always feel like I am missing something but i know I am not.
Dont feel bad you just described the typical liberal mindset on most issues.
 #78503  by willyb1972020

Stopped at BJ'S tonight to pick up grocery's and if felt different this time. Almost like everyone was accepting of what I was doing. No looks like always but the atmosphere in the store was different. Maybe it was just me because I have gone to a formal class and just feel more comfortable with out knowing it. But ether way loved the felling :pbjtime:

Stopped at wawa on my way home and parked at the pump. On my way in some guy comes walking up to me and I almost drew on him. I said stop and he did thankfully. But talked to him from about 15-20ft he was making the ooooo :censored: a meter go off so was not wanting him any closer. He wanted money and well I was not going to get close enofe to give him any. Then when i get in the store some 20 yr old kept staring at my gun and when I would not stop looking back he ran out and took off in his car.

Maybe the class did more then I think it did. I learned alot from it but could it of changed me with out me knowing it?????