You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #65970  by astro_wanabe

bmel17 wrote:
astro_wanabe wrote:Finally, on a side note, how do you guys (without CCDW's) deal with getting your hair cut? Just keep the gun outside the smock?
I shave mine at home, but I know guys who cut at their house or come to you. I cut hair for guys in my unit when we're deployed and sometimes at home.
Yeah I really might as well do my own anyways, I always just ask for a #3 clipper up top and a #1 around the back/sides so nothing too complicated. I'm just bad at tapering, and don't want to clean the mess :)

Does anybody want the TulAmmo?
 #65972  by bluedog46

I am gonna guess the tula .223 ammo is steel core as well?

ANyone know a cheap russian steel ammo that is not steel core? That brass stuff is getting way too expensive and I thought 45 acp was expensive.
 #65988  by bmel17

astro_wanabe wrote: Yeah I really might as well do my own anyways, I always just ask for a #3 clipper up top and a #1 around the back/sides so nothing too complicated. I'm just bad at tapering, and don't want to clean the mess :)

that's pretty much how I started cutting hair. lol you gotta get a guinea pig. fading in will become second nature. I always had a hard time fading on myself till I started going to a zero all the way around.
 #66014  by astro_wanabe

bmel17 wrote:
astro_wanabe wrote: Yeah I really might as well do my own anyways, I always just ask for a #3 clipper up top and a #1 around the back/sides so nothing too complicated. I'm just bad at tapering, and don't want to clean the mess :)

that's pretty much how I started cutting hair. lol you gotta get a guinea pig. fading in will become second nature. I always had a hard time fading on myself till I started going to a zero all the way around.
:o :shock: um I think a zero is a little close even for me!

Note - Ammo has been spoken for, pending delivery at next meeting.
 #67226  by astro_wanabe

OK, update time.

5/31/12
OC'd on my bicycle down Newark's Main Street and stopped at Rita's for a misto. Nice woman behind me asks "so is that some kind of advanced laser on your back?" and I had to reply that no, it was just a Ruger :( . She went into a short spiel about growing up in a house with guns, how our rights are slipping away, and that she was glad to see someone exercising their rights. Nice lady, nice conversation. Biked back to my house, no problems.

6/2/12 - Newark Day
I'd like to speak with someone via pm before I post this one. Not looking for legal advice of course, just need a bit of a sounding board, perhaps from someone that's been there. Long story short I may have been illegally detained. Not cuffed or stuffed, "just" detained. Possibly not enough to bother with all the cost of litigation, but probably atleast warrants a complaint (for whatever they're worth). If anyone wants to lend an ear you know how to pm me.

Aside from the "incident" I did have several people walk up to me and comment that they had the same or similar models of handgun, ask how I liked it, and just asking general "what's that?" type of questions.
 #67227  by Boots

astro_wanabe wrote:... 6/2/12 - Newark Day
I'd like to speak with someone via pm before I post this one. ...
Yes, I'm curious, but before you post talk to Dave_in_Delaware first. I'm guessing your incident might have some similarities to an incident he was involved in.

Best Wishes!
 #67228  by Mirlen

astro_wanabe wrote: 5/31/12
OC'd on my bicycle down Newark's Main Street and stopped at Rita's for a misto. Nice woman behind me asks "so is that some kind of advanced laser on your back?" and I had to reply that no, it was just a
On your back? Were you OCing a rifle?
 #67229  by astro_wanabe

Mirlen wrote:
astro_wanabe wrote: 5/31/12
OC'd on my bicycle down Newark's Main Street and stopped at Rita's for a misto. Nice woman behind me asks "so is that some kind of advanced laser on your back?" and I had to reply that no, it was just a
On your back? Were you OCing a rifle?
I carry at about 4:30, just behind right hip. I'm actually too skinny for the SERPA's paddle, so if I have it right at 3:00 it sticks out to the front and back. Slightly behind the hip has been the best position I've found. The biggest problem is the extra distance between holster and body from the Quick Disconnect kit (~1/2 inch). Having the gun's weight slightly farther away makes it just a tad less stable. I've found just tightening my belt an extra notch usually fixes this, but it's also really tight.