You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #67277  by Dr. Eastwood

Well that's embarrassing for Newark PD to be doing that. I wonder who those two were.

But..
:applause:

Perfect handling of the situation. Never be afraid to ask if you're being detained though, if you feel that's how you're being treated it's easier to make your case from the start, rather than trying to argue it after the fact.
 #67289  by astro_wanabe

Thanks for the responses everyone.
SugarBoy13 wrote:In the future, you may want them to clarify whether or not you are being detained and have them clearly articulate it.
Agreed. It was over so fast that I never got around to actually asking that. I prefer to have my comments match the situation. If the cops had gone straight to demanding ID and such then I would have surely been a bit more assertive of my rights. While their tone was very disapproving it didn't seem threatening (although I started to wonder when he asked me to "turn around").
 #67290  by astro_wanabe

WPCatfish wrote:I would reccommend you read up Myopicvisionary's OC Logs for some restaurant reccomendations etc...that'll help with the waistline issue and you won't have to tighten your belt as much.
LOL thanks, I'm already on the See Food diet :lol:
 #67291  by astro_wanabe

Dr. Eastwood wrote:Well that's embarrassing for Newark PD to be doing that. I wonder who those two were.
I kinda wonder too. I was so busy trying to stare straight ahead and not make any sudden movements that I never looked at their name badges/tapes/whatever. I have a feeling the cop who did most of the talking might usually do administrative stuff though, considering that he was a noticeable bit older than the other cops I saw and he had quite the opposite waist line problem compared to me.
 #84559  by astro_wanabe

Well, I wasn't OCing tonight (employer policy) however I did see someone OCing. I didn't recognize the guy from our meetings, but if any of our lurkers match the description of a ~5'6" white male with red hair, was wearing a tan or ATACS pattern ball cap, black longsleeve underarmour type shirt with a patch on the sleve that said "SRU" in white with an image of some sort, earth-toned pants, and was OCing a black handgun in a black plastic holster on their right hip while shopping at Pathmark in College Square Shopping Center around 8:40, feel free to stop by the deli next time and say hi to Phillip!
 #86424  by sanman9781

uh-oh, what happened?
 #86425  by astro_wanabe

Close to the same as last time. I just like bouncing stuff off a sounding board before posting openly online. Again not looking for legal advice, just a quick second opinion from someone that's "been there before" so to speak. Probably not as dramatic as you're hoping.