You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #57878  by Big Rob

Been busy with work lately and have put this off for way to long but I will start with Saturday Oct 29th I went shopping at the ACME on 202 Fairfax shopping center OCing for the first time at this location, although I do most shopping on Sat or Sun here. Everything was fine no looks comments, people running in terror or anything until...that's right until I entered the check out lane. One of the ladies there was helping out a co-worker by bagging for her as I was putting my items on the belt I bear a comment along the lines of "oh man he's serious he's got extra clips and everything!" I turned and smiled said good morning to my cashier and bagger, the woman bagging starts to approach me and says " oh man that's hot can I touch it!"
I reply with " I'd rather you not" and smiled politely and she kept COMMING! I turn to protect my strong side, and step back and look around feeling kinda wierd cuz this ain't right, she asks again! I reply this time with " I am afraid I can't let you do that" and give my no longer happy look. She then stops and the cashier looks at her and says " are you stupid or something you dont ask to do that, what's wrong with you!" she said it a little louder than I liked. The lady bagging leaves my view and dosent return. The cashier informs me she works part time for GARDA and cann't believe that her co worker did that! I was able to complete my purchase and leave with no issues, mother-Inlaw calls and asks if I can get her some chicken broth before I come over. Oh boy back inside! No issues...phew!
 #57879  by Big Rob

Nov 1, 2011
Shopping at Wal-mart aka China-mart aka The Evil Empire, the one on 141? By the old Chrysler Plant, absolutely nothing happened what so ever not even a second look.
Completed my business and readied weapon for transport to Delco, where my buddy has a nice tobacco shop, he allows me to OC and a few other guys but he's not 100% OC ready as he has put it he has a few customers he wouldn't trust with broken nerf gun. He seems to be handling it on a case by case basis. I walked down to the Mexican resturaunt and ordered some food and walked back no-issues here either. I do not OC much in Pa for obvious reasons but we have a habit of staying late and smoking a cigar or two after closing, with crime on the rise in the area I prefer the hastle of OCing in Pa and having a chance vs no chance.
 #57914  by WPCatfish

Big Rob wrote:I turned and smiled said good morning to my cashier and bagger, the woman bagging starts to approach me and says " oh man that's hot can I touch it!"
I reply with " I'd rather you not" and smiled politely and she kept COMMING! I turn to protect my strong side, and step back and look around feeling kinda wierd cuz this ain't right, she asks again!
Are you sure she was referring to your sidearm?
 #57915  by Big Rob

Yes, she had asked what type it was , when I told her what it was that's when she asked to touch it, and maybe not as important I am "Big Rob" not handsome rob or hot rob.
Sorry I left those two details out was alreadly getting long in the tooth.
 #57927  by Big Rob

I OC'ed to the BP gas station on RT 202 across from the charcoal pit resturaunt to fill up my car, I had to go in to see the attendant because the pump did not print my reciept out. I entered gave my best friendly smile and hello as I went and got a drink as someone was already in line. When the person in front of me leaves I step up and do my hello again and ask for my reciept on pump #X and hand her a dollar for my Arizona tea. She asks if I am a police officer and I reply no, she looks confused and asks if I am some type of security guard. I again reply no and tell her I carry for my own protection and that open carry is legal in Delaware. She was kinda surprised and asked about permits, training and gave her the basic info and a DELOC card. I thanked her for her time and wished her a pleasant afternoon and she smiled and wished me the same on the way out. A rather nice encounter with a business operator.
Also stopped by Radio Shack on RT 202 Fairfax area for some CR 123 batteries, been there before while OCing again no issues. The Talleyville area seems to be OC friendly, is there any place that you guys know if that isn't?
 #57952  by rmalec

Wilmington seems to be very anti OC considering what is going on with others that have OC'ed there. I'll not name any names, if they wanna join in then yea.

I mainly OC around the Pike Creek/Hockessin/Stanton area and have no issues. Occasional trips to Elsmere as well and have no issues.
 #57959  by Mirlen

Big Rob wrote:The Talleyville area seems to be OC friendly, is there any place that you guys know if that isn't?
If you're look'n for trouble, try downtown Wilmington and Philly :) Will keep my eye on the encounters of note area...
 #57967  by Big Rob

Not looking for trouble, if others have had a bad experience I see no reason for me to have one too and the question was to prevent my bad experience. Not to go antagonize a business to try and make a political point or make the news. I have read a few issues in Wilmington and have chosen to avoid that area. Once my CCDW comes in then I will CC that area.
 #59561  by JägerMatthias

Wow, small world. Or small state. Either one. I also shop at the Acme in Fairfax. Nobody has ever said anything to me when I shop while OC. The other day, I was pushing my full cart out to my car, and one of our Garda trucks was there, and the 'runner' was already inside Acme for a transaction. I waved hello to the driver (my co-worker), who immediately recognized me, and I continued on to my car.

Who was it who is a PT Garda employee? Do you remember a name?