You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #60341  by DragonJames

Today finally begins my log, purchased my Kimber super carry today at X-Ring, as always very helpful staff, 40 minute delay on the papers and outthe door i went with mg pistol and Blackhawk serpa. Will be adding to this very soon
 #60342  by jslacker

Nice!!! I was wondering where you have been.... Are you in DE now? That is to ask: Are you a DE resident now?
 #60343  by DragonJames

Yeah, finally out of elkton, got an apartment in claymont. Been working too much to post but i finally got my tapatalk setup for my phone so now i can post easier
 #60344  by jslacker

Good deal man. I threw a party when I moved from that friggin' state! :lol:

P.S. congrats on post 666 :twisted:
 #60345  by DragonJames

Haha, didnt even notice that. Yeah, i was happy as hell when i got out, now my only thing is i gotta watch where i go, if i make a left when i leave home im in PA, rules change just a bit
 #60364  by DragonJames

Stoped at wawa this morning on the way to work, no bug eyes or anything from the staff there, mabey one extra glance, but im one of the O'dark-thirty am regulars so it didnt seem to phase them.

after work re-armed and headed for groceries, boss had suggested save-a-lot for cheap stuff, not going there again, really crappy off brand selection, and after being asked if i wanted bags for my stuff and replying "no thank you" i then realized that there is no way to leave the sidewalk with the carts, caged in :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: so quick run to car, zip up to my cart, and load up, few exiting the store saw i was carrying and did the quick heads down shuffle.

And i have found that the paddle for the serpa is MUCH more comfortable for my skinny :censored: than the standard belt loop, much less pressure against the body while moving and driving.

James
 #60365  by myopicvisionary

And i have found that the paddle for the serpa is MUCH more comfortable for my skinny than the standard belt loop, much less pressure against the body while moving and driving.
I've said that from the beginning. The paddle is superior in every way. I have gone on day long hikes with it and often had to check to make sure my steel 1911 was still there... it was that comfortable!
 #60587  by DragonJames

Up date time, lol

Wednesday 1/4
Stopped at red robin after getting off work late. Spock eyes from the woman at the table on my strong side, other than that, went fine, service was pretty fast, paid and went home.

Thursday 1/5
Stopped at wawa on way to work, no problems, co-worker was in with me and mentioned the one stocker saw my sidearm and got wide-eyed, disarmed at work, after work straight home.

Friday 1/6
No wawa stop on account of running late :banghead: after work rearmed and stopped at x-ring for range supplies, guy behind the counter that sold me the kimber asked if i had shot it yet, told him i was actually on my way to the range, picked up 2 targets, double mag holster, and 100 rounds of .45 round nose, no spare mags for my kimber till monday, no one had a problem with my carrying. Stopped at wendys to get food and kill time before going to the range, guy behind counter started chatting me up about guns as did a customer in line, cashier asked guy behind counter if i was a cop to which he replied "i certainly hope not!" Gave me a chuckle to think of why he would answer like that. Found out range trip cancled afterwards on account of bench rest rifle match at range (elsemere private range).

Saturday 1/7
After work rearmed, as we lock the front gate (8pm, no second shift we were last to leave) my boss asks me if i have my sidearm, told him i do, he asks me to come with him to our blast shop because he forgot his but needs to pick his trailer up, we have issues with scrappers and other miscreants from the city breaking in to our other 2 yards, and as hes told me before its ill advised to be in them unarmed after dark. Pick up the trailer with no problems, quick ride around the yard to make sure no one has broken in then we leave and lock up. Afterwards stopped for gas on naamans road, no problems. Headed home
 #60658  by DragonJames

Sunday 1/8

Went to Lonestar for an early dinner, no problems or spock eyes, though half way through my meal a gentleman walked over and said "I just wanted to say its good to see.you exercising your second amendment rights brother, enjoy your meal" i smiled and said thank you very much. Afterwards stopped into wawa on naamans to get a carton of smokes, no problems as usual.
 #60772  by DragonJames

Monday 1/9

Stopped in X-ring after work to see if they had any 8 round mags in, still nothing, chatted a bit with the guys behind the counter, never said anything to me about my carrying. Headed to the 896 diner for a quick bite to eat, stayed awhile to talk to the servers, apparently there was a break in that morning and the place got wrecked, gotta hand it to them though, you couldnt tell at all it had happened, no problems there (will more than likely add them to the patronage list) then off to home.