You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #60691  by Frank

I called the Attorney General's office about carry in schools and was given another number to call 1-302-577-8943. When I called, I got someone's mail box, if I get a reply I will post the results. Anyone else want to call?
 #60694  by Boots

No, no, no, no... not me. :roll:

Really, politically speaking, what do you think they're going to say?
 #60698  by Boots

Frank wrote:They should only explain the De. law, let's see what happens.
You might think they should, but they won't.
Expressing their opinion could be used against them later, so there is no way you will get an actual answer to your query. Sorry.
 #60703  by Mr.Skellington

Frank wrote:I called the Attorney General's office about carry in schools and was given another number to call 1-302-577-8943. When I called, I got someone's mail box, if I get a reply I will post the results. Anyone else want to call?
A number of people here have contacted the AG and each one has been told that the AG doesn't provide legal advice to the public. Maybe they will choose to help with such a basic request by pointing you to the section of law you should look into but I'd be surprised of even that considering their track record so far.

When/if you hear back from the AG please put it in a new thread since we've hijacked F16WarBirds OC log enough already with this side topic. :oops:
 #60735  by Frank

I finally got to talk to someone who quoted the De. code, but could not find an exact answer to my question. He said he would talk to his colleagues and get back to me.
 #62473  by F16WarBird

OC'd to my accountant's office in Newark. My accountant didn't notice my firearm until she saw my hand pass near it when I reached for my checkbook that was in my back pocket. Her response was; "Is that a gun?" To which I replied "Yes". "Is it real?" she asked. I said "Of course. A water pistol doesn't have the stopping power I desire." She just smiled and went back to finishing up the paperwork.

BTW, I completed the requisite NRA Basic Pistol, followed by CCDW from Photog through Omega. Great course. Excellent instrucition. I highly recommend it.

Separate CCDW diary to be posted.
 #63563  by F16WarBird

Been OC'ing every day. So much that I can't keep track of all the places I've been.

However, I went to Home Depot at People's Plaza yesterday. I visit there pretty much every week. Never had an issue and the staff is always friendly and helpful. However, when I pulled into the parking lot I saw a State Trooper's patrol car parked out front of the entrance. My initial reaction was to run some of my other errands and come back after the cops left. Then I thought, "Why? I'm not breaking any laws". So I went in to make my purchases. I strolled right past the officer, but on my left side (I wear my firearm on the right hip). I'm not sure if he got a good look but nothing was said. Finished my shopping and left without incident.

I think that was the only time so far that I was strongly focused on my firearm. Other than that, I've never felt like everyone is staring or similar feelings that everyone seems to have when they start OCing.

I do notice that even more polite and friendly than usual. I think it might be an unconscious effort to put others at ease and let them know that I'm one of the "good guys".
 #63815  by F16WarBird

OC'd at Home Depot at People's Plaza too many times in the last week that its too difficult to list. Never a problem.

Visited West Marine on 40 near Ashley furniture. No problem, other than walking out with a kayak. Well, that's not really a bad thing since I've been planning on buying one.