You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #63685  by Lascivious1

Las's Stadate 031012

After seeing someone talk about Red Robin i had to get a blue ribbon burger. only the waiter asked about my carry and that was it.
After that stopped in Acme to grab some ice cream and we headed home.
 #64367  by Lascivious1

Las's Stardate 032612

Very interesting day
Went o Home depot to get some of those gamma lids for a few buckets i plan to use for storage. had to interact with 3 different staff to find them and of course they all saw me carry. but not a word. just smiles :D

then stopped at Wally world "guess ill get witht he slang" lol
in there i grab a few hundred rnds of 9mm. this is where the day got interesting through the next two store visits. it was a girl that helped me get the ammo. she said that gun you got is pretty sharp looking. told thanks i like it too ;)
she asked me if i needed a permit to carry and told her only if i want it concealed. she said she was thnking about buying one for herself to carry in the open since she lives in Wilmington.
i told her pretty much around here and local you wont have issues carrying but in Wilmington you may be stopped alot as the leo's there are pretty concerned with who is walking around with handguns showing. i told her as long as your legit and no records you can pretty much be on your way. i told her if she is really thinking about it to stop by the site and read up on gun laws in delaware so she has all the bases covered. she thanked me and asked do they come in pink? lol

My next visit pissed me off! let me explain......
Stopped in Capriotti's to get me a turkey sub. never an issue there but wouldnt you know it while im waiting, on the tv they have in the store the news came on about that jackass in florida that shot that kid. of course im sitting here listening to it but not looking at the tv and i start feeling uncomfortable even though i have nothing to do with it. but the staff behind the counter starts talking about it and im thinking great i must look like that loose cannon from Florida now. thats when the one kid behind the counter asked me. i see you have a gun what do you think about what happen with that kid that got shot?
I told him, no comment and none of my concern. especially since i dont know anything about it or the real truth. only person i worry about is me and my actions.
Man, when i left that store i was so pissed.
 #64824  by Lascivious1

Las's Stardate 040212

darn "hands up against the wal-mart" doesnt stock MIO anymore :banghead:
now i gotta pay $4 a bottle for that stuff.
So i left there and went to Shopright in the Gov.

anyone been there yet?
I'm done with Acme i love Shopright. place is huge and an assortment of stuff to buy.

so casually walking along some guy said " hey you there, you got a permit to carry that thing?" so i told him nope, dont need it. only if i want to conceal. he said really?
I said yup. from the looks of him i didnt want to give him to much info as i was thinking while he was talking "this info might not be good for him to tell others and they get the wrong idea" he kinda looked like people he could possibly tell this too wouldnt be the best to represent OCers. So i cut him off and left.
Thats all im saying ;)

Whats interesting is he actually asked me if i had a permit like he was gonna do something about it himself.

Something im starting to realize and its only a guess on my part. of course we allknow alot of citizens dont realize they can OC and forget their 2nd amendment. but im starting to think the reason why its so rare a person would grab your gun or make any attempt on you while OC is because they think you may be a cop.
This was my main fear of when i first thought about OC. i was afraid some fool may try and take the weapon. but so far from my experience and questions from people about my gun they all seam to think im a cop. which is funny. because even though i am well maintained and dress clean and educated.
I have long hair! guess they think im a under cover cop?

Any opinions on that?
 #65242  by Lascivious1

Las's Stardate 040712

LOL

Went to Hands up against the Wal-mart to get some small items and as i walked out "a certain group of people, the reason i carry now" gave me the bug eyes and said out loud. "damn dudes packin heat!"
 #65332  by Lascivious1

Las's Stardate 041012

went to numerous places. but the last was a great experience.

Walked in Lowe's to get some things and as i walked in a older gentlemen. not much older then me though asked "hey whats that you got on your hip there?"
i told him its my water pistol and i keep it with me at all times. he said to me " thats a pretty bold statement and a grreat way to show your rights. but i myself keep it tucked away" at which point he pulled up his shirt to show me he was carrying lol
He asked dont you worry about the people may call you in and cops will lock you up and such. i told him im legal no worries and im always looking for a free bonus check lol

He mentioned i should get my ccdw. i told him as soon as i take the class which will be soon i will get it because i realize there are times i want it out and times i want it under. he then showed me what was pretty cool was a actual badge. it looked just like a LEo badge but instead it said across the top of it said something like "conceal carry license" with his number at the bottom.
pretty flashy, i asked how'd you get that and he told me ordered it off line from a site that makes them for people who have permits. he also showed me his actual permit that you get issued when approved. guess he wanted to make sure i knew he was legit.

Probably talked another 10 minutes and i directed him to the site. he seamed like a cool guy and nice. hope he joins in sometime. think he said his name was John.

that was the best experience i had so far with OC. now i wonder when the bad one will show up :?
 #65337  by bmel17

badges in my opinion are a bad idea. One, it makes you look like a wanna-be cop. Two, they look tacky. Three, no officer I have my CCDW and then kicks your ass for prentending to be a cop! lol
 #65338  by Lascivious1

bmel17 wrote:badges in my opinion are a bad idea. One, it makes you look like a wanna-be cop. Two, they look tacky. Three, no officer I have my CCDW and then kicks your ass for prentending to be a cop! lol
haha
 #65430  by Hawkeye

bmel17 wrote:badges in my opinion are a bad idea.
+1000
 #65435  by scampbell3

Lascivious1 wrote: ...he then showed me what was pretty cool was a actual badge. it looked just like a LEo badge but instead it said across the top of it said something like "conceal carry license" with his number at the bottom.
:banghead:
 #65437  by WPCatfish

bmel17 wrote:badges in my opinion are a bad idea. One, it makes you look like a wanna-be cop. Two, they look tacky. Three, no officer I have my CCDW and then kicks your ass for prentending to be a cop! lol