You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #64992  by Fishhunter911

I finally open carried. It was last night while the wife and I went for an evening stroll in our neighborhood. I felt as though I had a search light aimed at me the entire time. We passed a few other couples out walking and if they noticed I was carrying they didn't seem to show it. I was pretty nervous as this being my first time. Now that warmer weather is upon us, I will likely continue to OC while walking in the neighborhood to get used to it then branch out in time. :oops:
 #64993  by scampbell3

:applause: :applause: :applause:

That spotlight will dim over time. Congratulations on your OC adventure.
Welcome to the darkside... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chip
 #64995  by Red Alert

That's what I've done. Just OC for the first time a few evenings ago the same way. Must say after about 20 minutes or so I didn't really remember it was there...

:applause:
 #64997  by Fishhunter911

Thanks Chip!

Red, I am hoping by weeks end to feel the same. The wife didn't even notice until we were half done. She was the only one I got the Spock eyes from. LOL
 #65042  by Fishhunter911

Second OC tonight while out for a walk. Had 2 cars drive by and immediately saw brake lights and the drivers head snapped around. Was expecting NCCPD to make an appearance, but they were a no show. Still feel the spot light on me. Wife didn't even mention it tonight. Think she is finally getting use to it.
 #65044  by myopicvisionary

It will be completely normal before you know it.
 #74271  by Fishhunter911

Sort of an encounter. My wife and I just returned from a week long vacation tonight. As we start to unpack the truck, an unknown car pulled up in front of the community seating/park area that is right next door and turns off his headlights while leaving his parking lights on. It was occupied by 2 unknown males. I quickly walk inside and unpack and put on my 9mm. It was still packed away from traveling through Maryland. As we continue to unpack the truck both males are sitting there talking with their windows rolled down. As I close up the garage and lock the truck he turned off his parking lights. I walked down to the mailbox with my strong side toward him, to retrieve our large amount of mail. As I got to the mailbox, the street light across from the mailbox illuminated my firearm. His lights went on and he drove off a a very high rate of speed. While keeping an eye in them while walking I never blatantly looked over at them. My gut told me something was not right, and the way he took off as I got to the mailbox proved to me my gut was right.

I am going to keep an eye out for a bit to see if they return but I hope they don't. My wife laughed when she saw them take off.
 #74273  by bluedog46

Fishhunter911 wrote:Sort of an encounter. My wife and I just returned from a week long vacation tonight. As we start to unpack the truck, an unknown car pulled up in front of the community seating/park area that is right next door and turns off his headlights while leaving his parking lights on. It was occupied by 2 unknown males. I quickly walk inside and unpack and put on my 9mm. It was still packed away from traveling through Maryland. As we continue to unpack the truck both males are sitting there talking with their windows rolled down. As I close up the garage and lock the truck he turned off his parking lights. I walked down to the mailbox with my strong side toward him, to retrieve our large amount of mail. As I got to the mailbox, the street light across from the mailbox illuminated my firearm. His lights went on and he drove off a a very high rate of speed. While keeping an eye in them while walking I never blatantly looked over at them. My gut told me something was not right, and the way he took off as I got to the mailbox proved to me my gut was right.

I am going to keep an eye out for a bit to see if they return but I hope they don't. My wife laughed when she saw them take off.
They might have noticed no one had been home and were casing your place to rob it.
 #74274  by Fishhunter911

Thats the first thing that crossed my mind. Then saw us unpacking and decided to watch? Just felt very un nerving.
 #74284  by WPCatfish

Fishhunter911 wrote:Thats the first thing that crossed my mind. Then saw us unpacking and decided to watch? Just felt very un nerving.

Did you have mail and newspapers piling up?