You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #74294  by Fishhunter911

No. Mail was stopped and delivered the day we returned. We don't get the paper. Lights on a timer inside and out. The inly thing that was static were the cars in the driveway.
 #79642  by Fishhunter911

I attended the January Dinner last night. This was my first time OC'ing out of the neighborhood. From the moment I entered my car until I sat down in the restaurant I felt very nervous. I knew I was doing nothing wrong but the looong car ride from Bear to Claymont was nerve racking. Once I walked in and sat down, I felt more at ease. The longer I stayed the more comfortable I got. The it was time to leave. Nerve went back up,, but not as bad as the ride up.

Thank you all who were there for helping me feel at ease. Than you Photog and Sigirl for all the advice and I will be getting a hold of Bob about taking the course.

Joe
 #79651  by SugarBoy13

Fishhunter911 wrote:I attended the January Dinner last night. This was my first time OC'ing out of the neighborhood. From the moment I entered my car until I sat down in the restaurant I felt very nervous. I knew I was doing nothing wrong but the looong car ride from Bear to Claymont was nerve racking. Once I walked in and sat down, I felt more at ease. The longer I stayed the more comfortable I got. The it was time to leave. Nerve went back up,, but not as bad as the ride up.

Thank you all who were there for helping me feel at ease. Than you Photog and Sigirl for all the advice and I will be getting a hold of Bob about taking the course.

Joe
Sounds like a great first start!

I guess now would not be a good time to mention the black van and helicopter tailing you on the way home that night, huh... :troll:

Don't worry, it gets easier the more you continue.
 #79657  by Fishhunter911

I saw the copper, but out ran the van!!
 #79697  by sampson13

Well I think last nights dinner gathering was close to the last step for me my Neon Sign feeling is getting much dimmer and I feel way more confident and O.K. and so it really does become second nature pretty quickly. i think the certain situations that you encounter bring you closer to feeling ok like for me last nights dinner and also being exposed right in front of the county PD was an incredible boost for me and I am glad they were there as they took me to the next level of comfort with my OC experience. so once again a thank you to DELOC.ORG for everything the site has done for me and the info that is available and the people who are involved in it are next to none.
:applause: :pbjtime: :applause:
 #82952  by Fishhunter911

Went to Bugaboo on Friday night. The only person who seemed to care was the lady next to us. Just smiled at her and went about our business.
 #84495  by Fishhunter911

Big day for me today. Up until now I have only open carried in restaurants. Today I decided to try shopping. Went to harbor freight first. Spent an hour there walking around. No issues or looks that I could tell. Was nervous walking in but after a 20 minutes or so that went away

From there we went next door to Namco to check out their moving sale . Walked in and was greeted by 3 employees just inside the door. We exchanged pleasantries and went along browsing. As we were leaving all said thanks for stopping in. No looks, runs or terrors.

Last we stopped in Lowes Eden Square. Feeling really comfortable now, we walked around picking up the items we needed. All the cashiers were waiting for customers in the aisle. All said hello. Paid for our items and walked out. As we left the building, a gentleman was walking toward the door to go in. We exchanged nods then he noticed my sidearm. He began nodding his head again, in what appeared to be approval. As we walked past the only vehicle other than ours in this area, also the direction he was coming from, I noticed the Gadsden Flag stickers on the car. I just smiled thinking to myself, he was probably CC'ing as I did not see a firearm.

All in all, I feel much more comfortable now then ever.

:-)
 #84500  by photog

Great job! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Te more you OC, the easier and more comfortable you will get..... CARRY ON!
 #86464  by Fishhunter911

Went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight. No issues at all.
 #86729  by Fishhunter911

Had to stop at the Acme in Lantana Square last night with my buddy. Both of us were OC'ing. A few of the cashiers asked if we were LEOs. I told them no and I explained Open Carry. One of them said he felt safer with us walking around.

This was the first time I have been approached and it was a positive one.