You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #65229  by Hawkeye

Thought I would jump on the bandwagon for O/C logs seeing how slower lower is underrepresented. For some background on my carry habits first, I cannot carry at work and it is illegal to have a firearm in my car while it is in the parking lot where I work so carrying to and from work is out. All other times I leave the house I am carrying. I will admit to being a fair weather OC'er, when I am bundled up for cold weather CCW is just easier. I will occasionally carry concealed but my preferred method when I am out and about around Milford is to OC.

Started out yesterday with a trip to Ace Hardware, Wal-Mart and Sears. This was the first time in the Sears but when I overheard the cashier talking about her children learning to shoot I knew there would not be a problem. Later in the day I went to the Chicken Man on Marshall, Discount Liquors and KFC. Rather uneventful and I did not even notice any reactions so all around a pretty good day.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #65248  by Hawkeye

Went to Applebees with a small group of family and friends. I caught a couple of glances from some customers but that was about it. I carry a Glock 21SF in a Safariland ALS.
 #65308  by SLD

Glad to hear your report live near milford, Have not OC in town yet
 #65497  by Hawkeye

Went to Wal-Mart earlier, no surprises. Then it was out to Chicken Man. while standing in line I heard a little boy behind me say "Mommy, that man has a gun" and she replied a little louder then necessary "Yes he does and I want you to stand back from it." He said something else to her and then she said "I don't know, why don't you ask him." I really wasn't expecting that based on what she had just said.
The conversation went something like this.
Boy:"Excuse me mister."
I look around and the little guy was barely taller then my waist.
He says "Are you a police officer?"
Me: "No, I am not."
Boy: "Why do you have a gun?"
Me: (he is too little for the usual response I would have with an adult so I kept it simple) "It is something I am allowed to do so I carry it."
Boy: "Why."
Me: "It is something I like to do."
The little boy was polite and inquisitive and by this time I am at the cashier and I make my purchase. As I am walking away his mother was saying some about "extreme emergencies" and is giving him "the talk" so it seemed. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I walked out the door.
 #65499  by Hawkeye

Back out with another trip to Wal-Mart. Then it was off to Shoe Show and dinner at the Westside Diner. Carrying my wife's Ruger SR9C today instead of the Glock. If anyone noticed I didn't see it.
 #65510  by Lascivious1

Hawkeye wrote:Back out with another trip to Wal-Mart. Then it was off to Shoe Show and dinner at the Westside Diner. Carrying my wife's Ruger SR9C today instead of the Glock. If anyone noticed I didn't see it.
Love my SR9c
 #65542  by WPCatfish

Hawkeye wrote:. Carrying my wife's Ruger SR9C today instead of the Glock. If anyone noticed I didn't see it.

I bet you couldn't say that if you wore any of her other accessories!
 #65545  by Hawkeye

WPCatfish wrote:I bet you couldn't say that if you wore any of her other accessories!
Shhhhh....
 #65546  by BigJoe

Seems like you Milford folks had a wild weekend with 2 shootings. Stay safe up there.