You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #105042  by airman1968

Thanks Hawkeye, a tag along would be great. I would really like to become hands on and active with DELOC when I get down there. I'll keep you informed....
 #105043  by Hawkeye

Another uneventful trip to Lowe's in Camden yesterday, was carrying my Glock 21sf in a Safariland ALS. Had a couple of looks which is not unusual. Followed up with a trip to West Side Diner in Milford for dinner. The West Side Diner is very gun friendly, I once had one of the waitresses thank me for open carrying.
 #105082  by Hawkeye

Another trip to the local Wal-Mart, this time for pool supplies. They had the Perfecta ammo in stock so I picked up a couple of boxes pretty cheap. I was carrying my Metro Arms 1911 in my home made holster. No issues. Then on to the Dairy Queen but alas, it was closed. No cone today I guess.
 #105083  by pick_six

Have you used perfecta before?

Package says made by Tula. I like the price but haven't tried shooting it yet. Will be using 2 boxes Soon. Heard negative reviews but trying to keep open mind until I try it myself.
Hawkeye wrote:Another trip to the local Wal-Mart, this time for pool supplies. They had the Perfecta ammo in stock so I picked up a couple of boxes pretty cheap. I was carrying my Metro Arms 1911 in my home made holster. No issues. Then on to the Dairy Queen but alas, it was closed. No cone today I guess.
 #105084  by Hawkeye

pick_six wrote:Have you used perfecta before?

Package says made by Tula. I like the price but haven't tried shooting it yet. Will be using 2 boxes Soon. Heard negative reviews but trying to keep open mind until I try it myself.
I have used Perfecta before. It is an average range round. It is brass cased, not aluminum like some of the other less expensive ammo. It is distributed by Tulaamo.
 #105236  by Hawkeye

I am not used to open carrying "up top" but I had the chance to do so today when I took my wife to the Christmas Shop on Concord Pike. No problems and if anyone noticed I was not aware of it. Then on to X-Ring to handle a couple of potential future purchases. My wife wanted to visit Cabelas to look for a Father's Day present so I had to cover up. All in all a good day.
 #105238  by Kuntryboy816

Why cover up when visiting Cabelas? I've OC'ed there many a time without any issues.
 #105244  by Hawkeye

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Why cover up when visiting Cabelas? I've OC'ed there many a time without any issues.
Cabelas has a gun check station at the front with a sign saying only concealed carrying is allowed, or at least that is how I interpreted the sign. That was only my second time in that store.
 #105245  by Kuntryboy816

The check station is for patrons who are having work/repairs on their firearms done. They check to verify the firearm is safe and cleared to go back to the gun counter. If your pistol is just your EDC and holstered, then you're OK to just walk in. I've OC'ed in the store probably 80% of my visits and never an issue. Even sitting by the fireplace for 20 mins waiting for people to show up hasn't garnered any spock eyes or response from their employees.

Now if Amy was working, she'd SWAT me just for the fun of it.... :troll: