You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #69912  by bboyer09

bluedog46 wrote:Very good encounter.

Liqour store workers get robbed alot. I am surpised more dont carry, but I guess they might be concerned about it being taken off them.
I was surprised also when he said he did not have one. I assumed that he would have had one since he was working at a liquor store that stays open late.
 #70111  by bboyer09

August 7, 2012

My girlfriend, my Sig and I decided to get some food at Panda Chinese restaurant in Fox Run. Pretty good just one or two stares. I must say it seems like a lot of people on here go to the Fox Run shopping center. The workers there gotta be getting use to seeing people ocing there lol
 #70301  by bboyer09

Ok so had to make a few stops today to pick up a few things. First, needed gas so went to Wawa on rt 40. As i got up to the door entrance as girl in her early twenties looked at me then my firearm. She had a worried and unsure look upon her face. When I noticed that I gave her a nice smile and opened the door for her. Her worried and unsure look disappeared. Second, went to X ring to look at magazines for my Sig 9mm. I did not pick up anything because i was just getting a price range. Third, my stomach was telling "FEEEEED ME" so I happily went to Jake's to happily oblige my stomach. Got up to the register and the clerk says "Hey hey I remember you i havnt seen you in a while....I deff dont remember that (he points to my Sig) i laugh a little. Then he asks me what I am carrying I told him a Sig Saur SP2022. He then asked, "Can i see it?". I am assuming he wanted me to take my Sig out of the holster because i was OCing so when he said that I kinda got taken back. So I just smiled and said, "Maybe some other time." and placed my order ( got burgers there before but i wanted to try the chicken sandwich and WOW :o was it awesome!). I ate my sandwich my stomach was very pleased and went on my way back home. All in all a good day. However, what would any of you guys said to that guy at Jake's if he asked you to see your firearm?
 #70303  by photog

bboyer09 wrote: However, what would any of you guys said to that guy at Jake's if he asked you to see your firearm?

If your comfortable that there is no threat, you can turn your strong side towards him while still holstered, keeping a distance of course. Politely refuse if he wants to have you remove it from the holster. Do not remove your firearm in public unless needed for self-defense.
 #70305  by bluedog46

photog wrote:
bboyer09 wrote: However, what would any of you guys said to that guy at Jake's if he asked you to see your firearm?

If your comfortable that there is no threat, you can turn your strong side towards him while still holstered, keeping a distance of course. Politely refuse if he wants to have you remove it from the holster. Do not remove your firearm in public unless needed for self-defense.
:applause:
 #70419  by bboyer09

photog wrote:

Well said :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #70717  by bboyer09

Went to Walgreen's to pick up a pair of head phones had one or two stares but nothing special. I am finding it more and more easier to oc now. :)
 #70718  by Lascivious1

bboyer09 wrote:Went to Walgreen's to pick up a pair of head phones had one or two stares but nothing special. I am finding it more and more easier to oc now. :)
Now go all in like i did one day and walk by a leo :pbjtime:
 #70719  by bboyer09

Lascivious1 wrote:
bboyer09 wrote:Went to Walgreen's to pick up a pair of head phones had one or two stares but nothing special. I am finding it more and more easier to oc now. :)

Christ, i know its gonna happen sooner or later lol. Hopefully, it goes well and i do not get jerk leo :? lol. How did your first encounter with a leo while open carrying go?
 #70749  by Lascivious1

bboyer09 wrote:
Lascivious1 wrote:

Christ, i know its gonna happen sooner or later lol. Hopefully, it goes well and i do not get jerk leo :? lol. How did your first encounter with a leo while open carrying go?
I posted some where before. its in my log. i walked right by 2 DST's and niether pulled me. one asked how i was doing as i walked by and the other just took a second glance and got in his car.
Just act/be casual. you got nothing to hide.