You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #69362  by bboyer09

Ok day two of me and OCing. I went to the liquor store to get myself some Sam Adams summer ale and my girl some wine. Everything was going good I was feeling less nervous and a bit more confident. So i went to the register with my tasty treats and this older gentlemen said, "Excuse me may I ask you a question?". I knew what he was gonna ask so i said sure thing sir. He said, "why do you care a gun around?". I replied with, "I carry my side arm around for my own personal safety and for my girlfriends personal safety. I carry a gun because i can't carry a cop (ok that phrase i just wrote I saw from a fellow group member on here which I do not remember there name. I thought it was a great saying because it was a simple phrase that said it all). So i told him that with a friendly smile on my face and told them to have a good day.
 #69364  by bluedog46

Yes one member put they carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

I forget who said it, but another good one is "the same reason people have car insurance"
 #69365  by Mirlen

Mine is "Because criminals refuse to make an appointment."
 #69370  by bluedog46

You could also say "My rifle makes me walk funny" or "my rifle is too big to carry around"
 #69557  by bboyer09

Ok so yesterday marked my girlfriend and I one year anniversary. I decided to make it special first by getting her a nice arrangment from Edible Arrangements. The girl behind the counter was a short squirrelly looking girl. I thought she was going to be a little nervouse about me ocing. However, she was quite the opposite. We got to talking and she said that she wanted to purchase a fire arm herself. She then asked how much it cost to get my permitt to oc. I told her you do not need one, she was very surprised and said "nice"lol. Next stop was the tanning salon (i gave my girl the gift before we left to get a tanning member ship for herself) two orange females at the front desk they saw i had a gun and they were kinda uneasy. They asked me y i carry a gun? I told her "i carry it to protect myself and protect my future wife (when i said that i pointed to my girlfriend lol). A quick and long "awwwwwwwwwwwwww how romantic and sweet!"from the two girls then they proceeded to tell my girl and I how ungreat there boyfriends were lol. All in all it was a very good day. :D
 #69578  by bluedog46

bboyer09 wrote:Ok so yesterday marked my girlfriend and I one year anniversary. I decided to make it special first by getting her a nice arrangment from Edible Arrangements. The girl behind the counter was a short squirrelly looking girl. I thought she was going to be a little nervouse about me ocing. However, she was quite the opposite. We got to talking and she said that she wanted to purchase a fire arm herself. She then asked how much it cost to get my permitt to oc. I told her you do not need one, she was very surprised and said "nice"lol. Next stop was the tanning salon (i gave my girl the gift before we left to get a tanning member ship for herself) two orange females at the front desk they saw i had a gun and they were kinda uneasy. They asked me y i carry a gun? I told her "i carry it to protect myself and protect my future wife (when i said that i pointed to my girlfriend lol). A quick and long "awwwwwwwwwwwwww how romantic and sweet!"from the two girls then they proceeded to tell my girl and I how ungreat there boyfriends were lol. All in all it was a very good day. :D

A romantic gun owner. That will get us far. Shows our sensative side.
 #69586  by bboyer09

A romantic gun owner. That will get us far. Shows our sensative side.[/quote]

I must agree that would actually get us far. To me that is a positive thing.
 #69590  by Lascivious1

Mirlen wrote:Mine is "Because criminals refuse to make an appointment."
+1
 #69840  by bboyer09

Ok tonite was interesting lol. My girlfriend and I were bored and wanted to do something. So we decided to get some wine and watch ID discovery. We traveled to Pockets Liquor on route 13 to get some wine. I got out with my Sig on my side. I got out of the car the first thing i heard from a young African American man was "yo you a cop?" I said no and walked on then he said," You a security guard?" I said no then he replied with, "WHAT?!" i laughed under my tongue and continued on. When i was in the liquor store i got the wine and Yards beer (so awesome) and went to the register. From behind i could hear, " Yo he is strapped". I laughed. Then the clerk said, " Yea i want one of those i just gotta get my permit.". then i said to him well bud you do not need one. As long as you have a clean record then you should be fine. the only way you need a permit is if you want to conceal carry. His mouth dropped lol. He said he did not know that and he asked again are you sure and then i gave him the Delaware Open carry website to look for more info if he needed it. He was very appreciative and said he will check it out. I think we might have a new member fellas lol.
Last edited by bboyer09 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #69873  by bluedog46

Very good encounter.

Liqour store workers get robbed alot. I am surpised more dont carry, but I guess they might be concerned about it being taken off them.