You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #73524  by geewiz

OC'ed for the first time Saturday. My wife and I went to Willy's, Acme and the Wawa in Smyrna. I saw a few people "notice" my gun but got no comments, positive or negative. I felt a little self-conscience but not as much as I thought I would be. I did not run into any Smyrna LEOS and was wondering if anyone had any experience with their reaction to people open carrying.
 #73532  by scampbell3

Contragulations on your OC. :applause: :applause: :applause:

When people OC for the first time it is not uncommon to feel hyper-aware or feel like they have the "neon sign" over their head. The more you OC, the more comfortable it will become. The self-conscience feeling also helps one practice good situational awareness while you are out and about.

Chip
 #73534  by jslacker

Thats an awesome pic scampbell3!

I agree with the previous poster geewiz, that neon sign will fade over time. Congrats on your first OC outing. Your first MWAG call will be the true test(but that's nothing to be afraid of since you're not doing anything illegal, so fret not!).
 #73536  by scampbell3

jslacker wrote: Your first MWAG call will be the true test(but that's nothing to be afraid of since you're not doing anything illegal, so fret not!).
It has been 3+ years and I am STILL waiting for my first MWAG call...oh well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chip
 #73540  by jslacker

scampbell3 wrote:It has been 3+ years and I am STILL waiting for my first MWAG call...oh well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chip
...This is good news!! I guess I just look like a criminal or soemthing... :roll:
 #81111  by geewiz

Just got home from my first DELOC meeting (downstate edition). It was nice to meet those who were able to attend. The staff at Bob Evans welcomed us with open arms and our waitress was quite funny. After the meeting the wife and I picked up a few things at Walmart in Cheswold. The only person to notice that I was carrying was the guy in sporting goods who asked if I was looking for ammo and explained that he had loaded the ammo case earlier in the day but most everything was sold within an hour or two. There was one box of .40 and one .45 left. No weird looks and nothing was said. I didn't even look for a no firearms sign on the door, I had heard that someone had seen a small sign there.
 #81132  by Kuntryboy816

geewiz wrote:OC'ed for the first time Saturday. My wife and I went to Willy's, Acme and the Wawa in Smyrna. I saw a few people "notice" my gun but got no comments, positive or negative. I felt a little self-conscience but not as much as I thought I would be. I did not run into any Smyrna LEOS and was wondering if anyone had any experience with their reaction to people open carrying.
Congrats! :applause:

I just began OC about a month ago and my first few times OC were just like that. Like stated above, it gets easier the more you OC but always keep your situational awareness sharp.
 #81147  by geewiz

That first time was back in October. The neon sign is gone now.
 #81209  by dave_in_delaware

Congratulations!

As others have said, the more you carry, the dimmer that neon sign gets.

I Open Carried daily in DE for 5 years. Never had a Man with Gun call on me. I always expected one, but it never happened.
 #83718  by Iggyjoe1361

Glad to see a Smyrna member. I just joined, and plan on OC'ing... i live not far from the Smyrna wawa.