You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.

Do you open carry?

Yes.
48%
No.
19%
Sometimes.
33%
 #7265  by Wynder

So many members, so few logs... Do you open carry? :)
 #7268  by George

I open carry on a daily basis, and found that it would be too time consuming to list them all. Also the carry logs seem (to me) to have a flavor that others may interpret as either showing off or bragging, we know that is not true, but newcomers or curious visitors to our site might think so. So I decided to just list problems, interesting, and funny encounters. I open carry and conceal in all three counties and if someone is asking about a specific place I will let them know if I have carried there.

All opinions expressed on this post are mine and in no way reflect the opinions of the forum at large or any other individual.
 #7280  by dave_in_delaware

I open carry daily, to wherever I can, whenever I can.

I can see the "bragging" interpretation, but this is an open carry site after all....

It is time-consuming, but I keep a log so others can see where I've been and what happened (if anything). I don't report on my carrying from work to my house, etc... only when I'm more "in public" than that.
 #7284  by LordJim

I responded with 'sometimes', though given the choices I'm not entirely sure that that's the best answer. Perhaps the items should read:

- always
- never
- sometimes

Since I could have answered 'Yes' and been truthful, but these days (as it gets colder) I'm tending to conceal when it's easier to do so (long coats, etc . . . . ).

-
Jim
 #7285  by LordJim

Wynder wrote:So many members, so few logs... Do you open carry? :)
Speaking of people who OC and logs . . . . How often do you update yours?

-
Jim
 #7287  by dave_in_delaware

LordJim wrote:Speaking of people who OC and logs . . . . How often do you update yours?
You didn't ask me specifically, but I update mine after each time I go "out in public" somewhere (not just to/from work, or to/from my house).
 #7289  by Wynder

LordJim wrote:
Wynder wrote:So many members, so few logs... Do you open carry? :)
Speaking of people who OC and logs . . . . How often do you update yours?
Not nearly enough -- with the winter months, it's more often than not that I'll strap on and toss a coat on, so I don't technically consider that OC'ing.
 #7297  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:... I'll strap on and toss a coat on, so I don't technically consider that OC'ing.
Neither do the police. :o

(lucky are those w/ a CCDW License).....
 #7298  by LordJim

Not nearly enough -- with the winter months, it's more often than not that I'll strap on and toss a coat on, so I don't technically consider that OC'ing.
Me too.

I've decided that from this point on that I wear what works. I'm not overly concerned these days about it being open or concealed, so long as it's there.

-
Jim