You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #76602  by chrisleduc1

Friday night ate dinner at Ole Tapas. They sat us at a table where I was directly in front of the door, about 15ft from the front door. Anyone who walked in would immediately see my and my strong side. No issues at all.

Today as I was pulling out of my driveway I was stopped in front of my house by a New Castle LEO who was coming towards me and pulled up along side of me. A neighbor had called them for a suspicious person and there was a safe robbed from a home down the street on Black Friday so everyone is a bit cautious...Anyway I had my .40 on the passenger seat in the SERPA and the LEO asked if I had ID as we sat in our cars side by side. So I put both my hands on the 10 o' clock on the steering wheel and told him that I did, however I had a firearm sitting next to me and I didn't want to scare him and how would he like me to proceed. He was very calm and said well, why dont you climb out and show me the ID. So I did. We talked face to face and he stated why he was there etc and then I was free to go. During that time 4 more patrol cars came, one LEO noticed the gun as he walked through the cars as we had walked down the street about 20 ft and our cars were blocking the road. So my ID was never run, my gun never touched. The LEO confirmed that I had carefully studied the open carry laws and said they (the LEOs) are also pretty well versed but that not everyone (referring to more than just the nccpd I think) was as well educated so I should just be careful. He was very professional and all in all I am happy with the way it was all handled. Im going to post this portion in the encounters of note section as well.
 #76626  by bluedog46

Good encounter.
 #76931  by chrisleduc1

Been a bunch more places around Newark with no issues over the last few days.

Taverna on Main St Newark.

Wells FArgo on 7 and Papermill. Had a conversation with 2 guys and the teller about OC laws for about 5 mins. And the girl I know who had to approve the transaction for the teller started joking "I didn;t even see that, you in here scarin' people and demanding large sums of money" She was joking but it did make me a little uncomfortable because there are certain places where you just cant joke about some things nowadays...

Michaels and Dicks near Christiana

Im really pretty comfortable OC'ing now. However I was a bit nervous going into the bank, just because you never know how some well intentioned, uneducated person might react. Then I felt a bit funny walking out of the bank because I pulled quite a few thousand out for something and all they had was 20's so Im walking out of the bank with a 6 inch stack of cash and my gun on my hip... oh to be a fly on the wall for that. But I was glad I was armed walking out with all that cash!
 #76970  by Dr. Eastwood

chrisleduc1 wrote: Im really pretty comfortable OC'ing now. However I was a bit nervous going into the bank, just because you never know how some well intentioned, uneducated person might react. Then I felt a bit funny walking out of the bank because I pulled quite a few thousand out for something and all they had was 20's so Im walking out of the bank with a 6 inch stack of cash and my gun on my hip... oh to be a fly on the wall for that. But I was glad I was armed walking out with all that cash!
They could think:
1. To them you're really smart for defending yourself with all that cash
or
2. You're Yuri Orlov.
 #76974  by WPCatfish

Dr. Eastwood wrote:
chrisleduc1 wrote: 2. You're Yuri Orlov.

And you still have not brought me the gun of Rambo.
 #77059  by chrisleduc1

WPCatfish wrote:
Dr. Eastwood wrote:
chrisleduc1 wrote: 2. You're Yuri Orlov.

And you still have not brought me the gun of Rambo.
Classic..
 #77256  by chrisleduc1

Stopped into Best Buy on Kirkwood for a ink on the 24th. Had a "computer guy" wearing glasses come over to help me. He looked down at my firearm and stared at it until he had to look on the shelf to find my ink. Then once he pointed me to it, he went back to staring until I bid him Merry Christmas and walked away. I think it was the first time he'd even seen a gun lol. It was pretty funny.