You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #7401  by Jacques

WOW!

I got my double width belts on 2008.11.19 and picked up my Defender later in the afternoon. That night I pumped 100 rounds through it... What a sweet gun to shoot! I got my Serpa on 2008.11.20, what a very nice holster (the double wides are a pain to get through, but it works OK). She fits in the Serpa just fine, but it's about 2 inches longer that she is! So, I'm considering on re-manufacturing it a bit.

ANYWAY...

I put it all together and went to lunch at St. George's Country Store. There were 2 patrons who took a long look, but they were leaving anyway and did so without comment. Joe cam and sat down with me and we talked guns all during my lunch and then some. Some more patrons came and went, but no one even noticed.

OK, so I really knew that this wasn't going to be a problem place for my first venture, but I'm still counting it!

POP!
 #7407  by LordJim

(the double wides are a pain to get through, but it works OK).
The paddle attachment is the way to go. I took one look at the belt attachment and decided I was never going to use it. To this date, I still haven't.

-
Jim
 #7414  by Jacques

LordJim wrote:The paddle attachment is the way to go. I took one look at the belt attachment and decided I was never going to use it.
Well it came in the belt configuration and I just put it on and tried it... Not too bad, but clumsy to get on and off in a hurry ;) if you know what I mean 8-)

I'll try out the paddle next week, but for now...
 #7417  by dave_in_delaware

+1 to the paddle option. I've never used the belt option yet. It seemed to be the better, more "stable" platform to use. Doesn't let the whole thing wiggle as much.
 #7418  by LordJim

Not too bad, but clumsy to get on and off in a hurry ;) if you know what I mean 8-)
This holster was built to retain your pistol -and- stay stuck to you. It's going to be clumsy to get on and off no matter which option you choose.

-
Jim
 #7421  by Jacques

Understood, but when you have a hecktick day and need to change clothes a couple of times between events... Heck, at $35.95 why not buy one for each outfit and never take them off?
 #7430  by Jacques

I cheated today too...

I went to X-Ring and bought some mags and a bore snake.

The guy didn't blink when I unholstered to make sure that the mag fit my gun.

Of course, no issues...
 #7431  by dave_in_delaware

You unholstered your carry weapon in a room full of armed employees?? :shock: :o

you asked permission first, I hope (so as to avoid a potential situation)....
 #7433  by Jacques

dave_in_delaware wrote:You unholstered your carry weapon in a room full of armed employees?? :shock: :o

you asked permission first, I hope (so as to avoid a potential situation)....
We were over in the corner by the magazines and I asked if I could see if it fit correctly... He nodded and...

Actually, I came prepared as it was unloaded with a red lug sticking out of the chamber. I popped one of them in and out a couple of times and bought a few of them... and a bore snake...

I think I'm in with the paddle crew as it seems to work better... "Slowly I turned..."
 #7442  by MyP1245

I was in X-Ring today, and it must have been at the same time, because I was looking at holsters about the same time a guy was over there and I overheard him asking if he could check to see if it fit. I'm thinking it must have been you, but I've never met you. Funny coincidence.