You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #17150  by VWpilot

Ken_in_Bear wrote:2009.05.11 - WAWA Rt. 40 & Rt. 7 - On my way in, while holding the door for a woman exiting...

Woman: Thank you... Your zipper is down...
Me: You're welcome and thanks for noticing...

No mention of Mona... I guess she was blinded by my... (over inflated ego!)
I would've said:
"THIS IS MY PISTOL, THIS IS MY GUN
THIS IS FOR FIGHTING, THIS IS FOR FUN!!!!!!!"
....... :lol:
 #17156  by radnor

What?!? You missed an entry for Hooters. Plus a little educating there too....

I was waiting for him to use that pick up line at Hooters too.
 #17170  by myopicvisionary

Just remember, Hooters doesn't like OC!
 #17172  by Jacques

myopicvisionary wrote:Just remember, Hooters doesn't like OC!
This was the friendly one on Rt. 13 where I met Radnor for lunch.

While he was away from the table, the kid at the next table yelled over the Phillies (losing) game, "Hey, is that a real gun?" So I went over to the table and asked the adult there if I could join them for a few minutes... He obliged... for us northerners, he agreed...

I asked him what he knew about guns and after listening very intently I put on my Eddie Eagle hat and we discussed what he should do if he ever came across anything that looked like a gun while playing. He promised me that he'd never touch a gun that he wasnt really sure that it was a toy and that if he ever saw one he'd post a guard and send someone for an adult. I asked him to make the promise to his family at the table and to himself, which he did and we ended with a knuckle bump and a high five!
 #17174  by myopicvisionary

Oh, perhaps I will revisit THAT one. Though I loathe to give their corporation any money.
 #17176  by Jacques

myopicvisionary wrote:Oh, perhaps I will revisit THAT one. Though I loathe to give their corporation any money.
[thinking="KiB"]

...the wait staff should roll the control top down so it's covered by the elastic on their shorts

[/thinking]
 #21097  by Jacques

Date line Monday, 10 August 2009 7 am-ish...

On my way to the office I stopped at the 7&40 Wawa... I didn't realize it, but the armored car/truck was idling in the parking lot...

Upon breaking the threshold I see :shock: from the guy reloading the ATM, so I nod and proceed on and walk directly to the other ATM and insert my card and pin. Realizing that he was keeping an eye on me:

KiB: boy yours is one job I'd rather not have.
ACD: x number of years as a NYC cop... this is cake...
KiB: what did you think when I walked through the door as you did you bug eyed stare...
ACD: I sized you up and exhaled...
KiB: and?
ACD: Thank you.
KiB: You're welcome. For what?
ACD: ;) (nodding at Pugsley...) Have a nice day...
KiB: You want a coffee?
ACD: No thanx... be safe.
Kib: I am. You do the same.
 #23768  by Jacques

2009.10.03 22:40 Rt. 40 Eastbound just West of Wally World Sobriety Check Point

KiB: Good evening maam, what's going on?
DLT: Checkpoint.
KiB: What kind of checkpoint?
DLT: Sobriety checkpoint. You got a permit for that?
KiB: Nope. Lawful Open Carry.
DLT: Huh... you got anything else on you?
KiB: What do you mean?
DLT: Any other of those?
KiB: Nope.
DLT: You got a card for ...
KiB: ... Lawful Open Carry?
DLT: Something that authorizes you to...
KiB: Nope.
DLT: I guess I'd have to look it up in the computer?

(at this point all of the cars ahead of me were gone and the other officers were waving me on...)

KiB: May I proceed?
DLT: Have a nice night...
KiB: Good night.
 #23773  by George

DLT? Dumb LT?
 #23775  by George

Ken, I thought you had your CCDW? or were you just pointing out that one isn't needed for open carry?