You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #12655  by Jacques

DragonJames wrote:
Ken_in_Bear wrote:My son had an event at Carpenter Sports Center.
I had to go there a while back and was wondering weather they are gun friendly, I've heard UD campus and such is rather anti, though from the sounds of it, you had no problem
Sorry to mislead you... My ex is so anti that I don't carry around my son just yet. I didn't lock & load until after I dropped him off anf then went safe (illogical term) before I picked him up.
 #12699  by DragonJames

Ken_in_Bear wrote:
DragonJames wrote:
Ken_in_Bear wrote:My son had an event at Carpenter Sports Center.
I had to go there a while back and was wondering weather they are gun friendly, I've heard UD campus and such is rather anti, though from the sounds of it, you had no problem
Sorry to mislead you... My ex is so anti that I don't carry around my son just yet. I didn't lock & load until after I dropped him off anf then went safe (illogical term) before I picked him up.
damn, that sucks, and yeah, very illogical, you'd think she would feel safer know that he's with someone able to protect him should the need arise :roll:
 #13287  by Jacques

2009.03.19 08:00

On the way to work today I needed some supplies... I stopped at the CVS on Edgemont Ave. in Brookhaven, PA. I've been here MANY, MANY times! As I was checking out with money in hand... An incoming employee takes cover behind the cosmetics just inside the store and yells to the cashier, "Martha, (not her real name) is everything OK over there?" Martha looking at me with a quizzical look on her face says, "Of course dear, why do you ask?" "just curious..."

Martha looked at me and said, "I don't know what's up with her, but she's a little strange sometimes... If you know what I mean..."

Showing her my strong side and raising my arm a little to give her a clear view of Mona, I said, "I know what's up."

Martha smiled while handing me my change and said, "I always knew there was something I liked about you... Have a nice day, sir..."

Except for the sir from a woman old enough to be my mother... an interesting encounter...

No Mona, No Peace...
Know Mona, Know Peace...
 #13998  by Jacques

2009.03.28 - Wilton WalMart had (past tense intentionally used!) 11 boxes of .40, but alas... no more... :pbjtime:
 #14191  by Jacques

2009.03.31 - Glasgow Starbuck's, while ordering, a very attractive woman entered whom I thought I knew, I greeted her by name and a brief conversation was completed... I told the cashier to add the lady's order to mine; which she declined. The Barrista exclaims, "You'd better listen to him lady, he's got a gun!" <MUFFLED GASPS>

I replied, "Sir, I think you comment was out of line. I have been in this establishment many times just as I am now and I have never been addressed in such a manner. I gave you no indication that my gun was in any way any kind of bargaining tool, if that were the case you'd have given me my items for free. Now, if you wish to have a reasonable discussion about my gun or why and how I lawfully carry; I'm completely open to it. In fact, Darryl and I sat over there one afternoon and had a very frienly discussion about current events, thw weather, open carry, The Constitution of the United States, un constitutional gun laws, corrupt politicians, I could go on, but...
 #14192  by Jacques

WOW!!! MOM!!! WOW!!!

2009.04.01 - as I crossed the DE/PA state line I moved Fester from the dash to the Serpa... and got on several conference calls... I usually stop somewhere between the line and my office and move my carry to a deeper concealment location, but today I forgot... In the parking lot, I put on my sportcoat and walked into the office, and did the move in the men's room... My colleagues are used to seeing my empty Serpa, but if one of them had seen Fester in it... Even though the VP of Corporate Security is aware that I carry on-site and has approved... I'd rather not find out what the story would be if someone reported me.

Realistically, I could probably be holstered under my suit and no one would notice, but... I really don't want to take that chance... Especially not on my last day in the office as an employee! Monday, I am a contractor... :poed:
 #14194  by Boots

Ken_in_Bear wrote:... Especially not on my last day in the office as an employee! Monday, I am a contractor... :poed:
What does that mean? Same job, but without healthcare, vacation days, and other benefits?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but am curious how that affects your life, considering what's happening in our society. I hope all goes well with you despite the changes.
 #15700  by Boots

Edit: Moved by author to another thread.
Last edited by Boots on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #15714  by Jacques

2009.04.21 - On my way south I needed my glasses adjusted... So... I parked at JCP and on the way to LensCrafters I passed by Paul Blart and got my glasses adjusted. Stopped at the slushie place just outside of JCP and while I was waiting for my Peach Slushie, Paul Blart walked by again, I got my slushie and exited through JCP.
 #15900  by Jacques

I was recently putting some Christmas stuff away and found a gift card that a received to Miller's, so... On thw way home from the dentist on Wednesday I stopped in just so they wouldn't get the value of an abandoned gift card.

If you can tolerate the br-attitude they do have some ammo... 9, 38spc, 357, & 40 it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't in the stratosphere either...

I asked about primers and they only have large rifle. They have some domestic powder, but no imported.