You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #8037  by dave_in_delaware

I'm quite upset about the police asking you to disarm, and then go to the station.

Did they have any true "right" to enforce their desires? Could you have asked "Am I under arrest?" and when they said "no" could you have just left? Anyone here know what the proper reaction to this request could have been (i.e. NOT going to the startion)??

And the whole gun registration thing is :censored:ing rediculous!!

And I'm not sure if writing letters and sending to police departments will matter. When I had my "incident" at the 2nd Meet the Cops Day, and I complained to the Professional Conduct department, I was basically told "thanks for trying to educate the police, but that's not necessary - and WHY weren't you arrested that day, anyway?" :shock:

The Police have to WANT to learn the laws (or lack of laws). I feel that many of them want to stay in their current misuderstanding-of-the-laws-and-rights bliss.
 #8042  by j.gorum9mm.

yup. thats why i'm more nervous than ever to oc,i feel like next time i will be forced to the ground at gun point.they dont know or dont care.maybe we should have a meeting down my way sometime...lol
 #8044  by dave_in_delaware

Sounds good to me. A few of us have been near you for "foul weather training" recently. So, I'm sure we'd be up for another road trip! LOL.
 #8047  by Jacques

dave_in_delaware wrote:Sounds good to me. A few of us have been near you for "foul weather training" recently. So, I'm sure we'd be up for another road trip! LOL.
Wasn't that "FOWL weather training?"
 #8051  by dave_in_delaware

Nope. No birds involved (but there were bowling pins)...

Foul, as in bad, nasty, wet, dirty... We were at the range during the hurricane (tropical depression) that came through Delaware on September 6th. What a fun time!
 #8056  by Jacques

dave_in_delaware wrote:We were at the range during the hurricane (tropical depression) that came through Delaware on September 6th. What a fun time!
It takes too long to get the girls dressed for that kind of fun!
 #8059  by stephpd

Ken_in_Bear wrote:
dave_in_delaware wrote:We were at the range during the hurricane (tropical depression) that came through Delaware on September 6th. What a fun time!
It takes too long to get the girls dressed for that kind of fun!
What? Swim suits?

Your near the beach! :D
 #8061  by George

dave_in_delaware wrote:The Police have to WANT to learn the laws (or lack of laws). I feel that many of them want to stay in their current misuderstanding-of-the-laws-and-rights bliss.
I don't like the term "lack of laws" the connotation seems that they missed a law or we don't have enough laws.
our handgun rights ARE COVERED BY THE LAW!

§ 202. All offenses defined by statute.

(a) No conduct constitutes a criminal offense unless it is made a criminal offense by this Criminal Code or by another law.

this is a law that states that everything is legal unless there is a law making it an offence. A LEO should enforce the LAW. To know what to enforce they MUST know what the law states. not "opinion", not "I think", there is no room for error.
 #8062  by dave_in_delaware

OK OK down boy!! :shock:

I only meant "lack of law" in that there's nothing in the statutes that comes out and says "open carry is legal." So, as Wynder says "if a law does not explicitly forbid a behavior, it is, de facto, lawful." Most police officers don't realize that. and there's the key: educating the police force on the law (good luck w/ that one, since they already think they know the law well enough to enforce it).
 #8065  by myopicvisionary

when i felt a tap on my arm. as i turned around i was surprised to see a uniformed selbyville police officer who immidiatley asked for i.d.
I'm not trying to be a smartass but, you let someone walk up behind you unnoticed until they surprised you by touching you?