You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #80008  by Tate

I rarely if ever Open Carry any longer as I have my CCW permit, but carrying concealed I never leave the house without it, I normally carry iwb, but lately since Winter is here I broke out my Serpa holster and have been wearing a jacket to cover it. A small gun in your pocket is better than a big gun at home in the safe. On that note I carry a 4" .45acp with 13+1 on tap.
 #80009  by Mr.Skellington

The season you ask this in will affect the responses. The biggest factor for getting my CCW was so I could wear winter appropriate clothing and eliminate the hassle of the limited dash or seat options when OCing in my vehicle.

I seldom OC in the winter but will do so about half the time in the summer.
 #80013  by SeanM

Been here for just over a week, and no CCDW. So, OC is my only choice. Coming from Iowa, y'alls 25 degree weather is kinda like a heat wave to me. ;) So I've not had to put on my heavy winter jacket yet. I just use a heavy hoodie sweatshirt, and make sure the Glock is not covered by it.

I went to Dover yesterday to watch a play in which my nephew played a part. Of course, couldn't carry because it was Dover. (Really got to fix that someday.) Otherwise, I've been carrying open since 1/19.

Sean
 #80032  by MrCoolDale

At current I OC very often, but my place of work doesn't allow for it. I do wish I had my CCDW, but I don't know enough people that live in my county (not related to me) to sign the reference sheets for me. Otherwise my permit application would have been put in years ago. Unfortunately for me, I work all the way out in Harrisburg and almost all of the friends live in Pennsylvania. The only people living in DE that I hang out with is my family.

*sigh*
I need more friends near me.
 #80063  by bluedog46

I often oc especially when it is warmer as I usually have a Glock 17 or a colt 1911 commander on my hip. When it is cooler I am cc until I take my jacket off, but in the summer I am often ocing unless I go someplace I need to cc that does not want you to open carry. I also dont open carry at church but cc there.
 #80070  by sampson13

im more used to it now and at present havent had any problems yet but maybe i just havent been around enough yet and im really wanting my ccdw but money at the moment is an issue so i will wait and OC until then. I know what im doing,I know the laws,and I am comfortable with it just like carrying a pocket knife around. I think part of it is not feling appprehensive because that shows through and so I feel quite at ease OCing now. At first I was looking around but trying to look like I wasnt looking around and now its normal...the Neon Sign has dimmed immensely. Also I can see how ya get used to it and then feel naked without it.
 #80075  by cslade454

I think one of the most important places to OC is at home. I like answering the door with a gun everyone can see. Yard work, mowing the lawn, raking the leaves. Not so much shoveling snow though. I think it is important to always be armed when at home. Most people are home every day so they can OC everyday.
 #80106  by SeanM

cslade454 wrote:I think one of the most important places to OC is at home. I like answering the door with a gun everyone can see. Yard work, mowing the lawn, raking the leaves. Not so much shoveling snow though. I think it is important to always be armed when at home. Most people are home every day so they can OC everyday.
Amen. A lot of people overlook the fact that home can be just as dangerous as away from home.

Sean