You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #92429  by Boots

Kuntryboy816 wrote:... He is/was of the mind that the 2A is a right but that carrying should be concealed by everyone other than LEO/military b/c people who are anti or don't like firearms would be nervous and uncomfortable. ....
No doubt that is exactly why our founding fathers concealed their personal firearms. Unfortunately, government at all levels infringes on our God-given right to keep and bear arms.
 #92454  by Kuntryboy816

November 6th

Last night I ran out to do some errands and pick up some food for dinner. Stopped in at the Szechuan Hot Wok by my house. The staff didn't care about my FN and only one other person came in while I was waiting. No MWAG calls were made.

Next I stopped at the Rite Aid across from Fox Run. Walked in and the girl at the counter greeted me kindly. I saw the security officer to the left by the photo area but he was oblivious (on his phone). He may not have been able to see anyway as my strong side was opposite of him. I walked back toward the pharmacy and had to ask one of the associates for help finding an item. He stopped what he was doing to help me instead of running away from the big bad firearm in his presence. I spent a few more minutes gathering what I needed and then headed for the register. I stood there chatting with the girl while she was ringing up my items. I heard the security officer get up out of his chair and hurriedly walk over towards us. Figured that he finally saw my sidearm and was "coming to the rescue." When I judged he was about 6-7 feet away, I turned slightly and watched him come up on my right. He was still about 3 feet away and I politley greeted him saying, "Good evening." He just stood there, nodded and half smiled but said nothing. That kinda irked me a little and not knowing his intention I moved one step to my left away from him not bothering to even attempt to make it unobvious either. I paid for my purchases on the debit machine, still chatting with the girl while she bagged up my items.

Now maybe it's me or maybe it was the air of perceived authority that this guy was exuding with his erect, statue-like pose of arms crossed, stern look, standoffish, I'm-the-protector-of-mankind look but I chose to see what he was "all about." Maybe it was because he wanted to show off his nicely pressed uniform since the cashier was cute or maybe he needed to tell me something? I figured I'd give him the opportunity. I picked up my bag of items and turned toward him as he was sort of between me and the door. I said hello again and asked him what company he worked for. He very dryly told me so I informed him that I also worked in security. I then began asking him details about his company, shift, etc. Surprisingly he was very forthcoming about these details and seemed to enjoy discussing his job. Not very intelligent since I was a complete stranger but maybe it was just my charisma that won his trust. He asked me what kind of security I did and I informed him that I am the security manager at a financial site in the area and that I had been in the business for about 15 years. I offered my hand, introduced myself and asked if he had the info for the office he worked out of. He gave me their business card and wrote his name and number on the back. I wanted to ask "Why did you feel it necessary to walk over here? What did you think you were going to accomplish against an armed man if this were to go south? Do you not realize that you are not LEO?" and a slew of other questions but understanding the nature of the job I did not want to distract him further from his duties. So in light of that, I bid him goodnight, shook his hand and left. After that I dropped off some stuff at my brother's house and went back home to grub on some sweet n sour chikcen!
 #92579  by Kuntryboy816

November 10th

I attended a meeting with the Jeep Club at McGlynns in Dover. I made sure I had my letter from Chief Hosfelt in my wallet before I left. I was a little late getting there. I walked in and the hostess showed me back to the room. Hung out for a couple hours and no one cared about the guy with a holstered pistol on his hip. One of my buddies asked if I had gotten my CCDW and I told him I hadn't even started working on it yet. Food was ok but nothing to scream about. I think most of us in attendance weren't too impressed.

I realized when I rec'd my letter from Chief Hosfelt that it would be too big to fit into my wallet. I originally thought about having it put in a nice frame and hanging it from a big gold chain around my neck but I figure Flava Flav and many others are already doing that sorta 'thang'. So then I thought about making a photo copy at about 60% size of the original letter but wasn't sure if that would be legible or be acceptable should I encounter LEO as it wouldn't be the original document. So I opted to trim down the margins enough that it now fits quite nicely into my wallet. Nice to know it's there now and I don't have to remember to grab it off my desk anymore.

I stopped at Sonic to get my wife a Reese's PB cup Blast but they're ice cream machine was down. Boooooooooooooooooo!
 #92583  by Taurus247

Kuntryboy816 wrote:November 10th

...So then I thought about making a photo copy at about 60% size of the original letter but wasn't sure if that would be legible or be acceptable should I encounter LEO as it wouldn't be the original document...
I shrunk mine down so that it fit is my wallet and keep the original in my truck. Both are in color and laminated. I figure that if im in a store or something and a cop asks and does not like the "smaller version" that I can always get the original out of the truck and show him and if it comes to it should also make a good argument in court. Just my $0.02
 #92777  by Kuntryboy816

November 17th

Today we celebrated my parents 35th wedding anniversary!! :applause: Woohoo! It's rare to see people sticking together for so long these days and I'm mighty proud of them if I do say so myself! :D

So in light of such a landmark special day, they had decided to renew their vows to each other. My pop actually proposed to mom earlier in the year @ Maggiano's in King of Prussia.

My wife, sis-n-law, brothers and I decided to throw them a little party w/ about 35 close friends and relatives. We opted for the party room at Lonestar and the staff there was great! The only little snag we ran into was the #35 on the top of the cake had broken in a few places during transport so I was sent on a run.

I ran to Walmart to see if I could pick up some super glue and a few other options if the glue didn't work. i walked in and immediately ran into a coworker. We talked for a few mins and she motioned toward my sidearm and said, "Nice!" I did see a few hushed whispers from the greeter and who I'm assuming was a security person but they didn't say anything to me. After that I walked through the crafts area and picked up a few items, went to the registers, paid and left. I did have a handful of people look at me like they've never seen a 6'1" guy in a tie and cowboy hat with a firearm holstered on his hip. The one kid (12ish) I couldn't tell if he was amazed, confused or scared.... he just stared and I said Hi as I walked passed him. I think it was the hat that had people looking. :troll:

So, once again just another good uneventful OC experience.
 #92977  by Kuntryboy816

Nothing eventful the last few days. I've been to Autozone, Lowes (Bear), Home Depot (Glasgow), Food Lion, Wawa, Rite Aid and a slew of other places. No reactions or MWAG calls. I've been making a habit of running through a "what if" scenario in my mind every time I walk into a store. Just keeping the mind sharp since range time has been few and far between the last few weeks. Keep Calm and Carry On! 8-)

#93580  by Kuntryboy816

It's been awhile since my last update. Nothing really out of the ordinary to talk about. I've been in and out of the places I normally frequent around New Castle County... Autozone, IHOP, etc. I haven't had any negative or adverse encounters. at any of them. Most other patrons usually are pretty friendly or just apathetic to m OC'ing.

Two of the new places I went to were the Kohl's on Rt. 40 (Glasgow) and the Concord Pet store in Fox Run. I had no issues in Kohl's but 1 lady kept glancing at me and I only kept paying attention to it b/c she was somewhat attractive. 8-)

Now on Saturday night, I met my family at the IHOP in Fox Run for dinner. No issues there and we even ran into a few people from church and talked with them for a bit. When we exited the restaurant, we noticed that there was a DSP trooper across the way talking to the occupants of a vehicle at the BoA ATM. We figured they were broke down and maybe needed assistance. So I called over and asked if they needed a hand. My strong side was toward the trooper so that even from a distance he could see I was armed. The trooper said they were ok and we walked over to our vehicles. While we were hanging out a few more DSP vehicles arrived. Next I noticed the K9 unit was out walking around. Even though I had a sneaking suspicion that this wasn't just a pow-wow I figured maybe the officer was just letting the dog stretch it's legs. After a moment it was clear that the K9 unit was actually searching for something. Confirmation came when the DSP chopper was circling the shopping center. At that point we decided to leave before they locked the place down. I didn't find out until yesterday that the people at the ATM were robbed. :shock:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/2 ... ck_check=1
 #97375  by Kuntryboy816

Well, it's been a couple months since I've updated this. Everywhere I've OC'ed has pretty much been vanilla. Nothing of note and no negative issues or encounters. There's been a few odd and concerned looks here and there but for the most part people go on about their normal lives.

Yesterday, the family and I along with my parents, my brother and my youngest brothers family, went to Carousel Park for their Easter show, outing, whatchamacallit. It was pretty crowded to say the least. We hit the line for the hayride first as it was pretty long. Well, my parents kept a place in line while we took the kids over to see the mounted NCC police. After the kids got to say Hi and pet the horses, I got to speak with the officers for a few mins and they weren't concerned at all about my OCing. The female officer even asked if I was carrying an M&P as she was carrying the same.

After the hayride was over we went through the stables where the horses were at then on to the other areas where they had goats, rabbits, peacocks, etc. For the most part, no one noticed or reacted to the scary assault pistol of mass destruction in their midst. :roll: There was 2 ladies with a kid ~10 years old. While we were in line they were all whispering and pointing at the guy with the gun. They actually sat right across from me on the hayride and you could tell they were on edge the whole time. Sucks for them that they missed out on having some fun. You could tell the boy with them was not enjoying the ride as he should have b/c of them. Oh well, their loss... I had a blast with my kids and my family. We spent a total of 3.5 hours at the park and everyone had a great time!
 #97381  by Kuntryboy816

April 13th

Today, after church, we headed down to the park in Odessa. Townsend Freewill Baptist Church was putting on an Easter egg hunt for the kids. It was pretty crowded especially for a small park. No one minded an armed parent in their midst. Kids had a great time and I caught up with a few old friends. Greeted and thanked the DSP officer that was stationed at the park. He returned the greeting and had no issue with my sidearm on my hip. Y'all should've seen the Easter egg air cannon!! :pbjtime: