You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #82301  by whatevah

that's my gym... lol I was there last week with my PPS on my waist the whole time. Of course, it was concealed under my shirt. I tend to go around 10pm-1am depending on what shift I'm working. Let me know if you want a gym buddy.
 #82345  by Kuntryboy816

whatevah wrote:that's my gym... lol I was there last week with my PPS on my waist the whole time. Of course, it was concealed under my shirt. I tend to go around 10pm-1am depending on what shift I'm working. Let me know if you want a gym buddy.
Tomorrow's D-Day! It's been years since I actively worked out so it'll be slow pacing to begin with.
I haven't figured out if I'm going to work out before I go to work (07:00) or after I get off (15:00). My buddy Dave wants me to wait for and work out with him but that means waiting for 3 hours after work to go. :| By the time he gets off work I could be done working out. Not sure I could stay awake that late at night unless I could sleep in one of the massage chairs. :lol: I still have your # though so maybe I'll hit ya up.
 #83081  by Kuntryboy816

March 26th

Last night after the meeting, I decided to stop at the Wawa in front of my house to get the kids some milk and fill up the wifeys vehicle. I walked in to the store, grabbed a gallon of milk and proceeded to the counter. There was a tall, younger looking guy working the register. He hesitantly asked, "So, you walk around strapped huh? Are you a police officer?" I informed him that, even though I was fond of coffee and an occasional doughnut, I was not a LEO (sorry for that lil dig there LEOs). The place was pretty empty so I talked to the guy for a few minutes. I told him that I had just come from the DelOC meeting, what it was about, why I carry and the legality of it. He was continuously shocked at my answers to his questions (registered?, licensed?, loaded?). Come to find out that he lives in Sparrow Run just across the fence-line from me. He knows first-hand how rough that neighborhood is and knew exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned I lived in GTC right behind him. Unfortunately he is only 20 at the moment but I gave him the website info and told him to start doing his homework on OC and save up for that 1st sidearm. I'm gonna see if I can catch him working one night and drop off a flyer to him.
 #83130  by Kuntryboy816

March 27th

Went to Simon Eye in Fox Run for an eye exam yesterday afternoon. Of course I was OC. I figured if they wouldn't allow me to OC then there's 1,000 other eye drs in DE that I could go to.

I walked in, filled out the paperwork, went through the exam, looked at some frames :? while my eyes were dialating, finished the exam, paid and walked out. The staff was very friendly and not one person acted uncomfortable or ran out screaming the entire time I was in the lobby and exam room.
 #84064  by Kuntryboy816

April 13

Spent the day running around. Picked up my brother at the dealership after him dropping off his jeep. We ran into Autozone to get a few things. As usual, not a glance or comment from anyone.

This evening we met up with my brother in law and his family at Don Pablo's for his birthday. We sat down and went about dinner w/o any problems. They were pretty busy but amazingly the service was pretty good.

On the way home I stopped at Pep Boys. Ran in and grabbed some RTV and as I was heading up to the register I was stopped by a guy who asked about my sidearm. We chatted for a few mins and he even mentioned that he had registered on Deloc. I think his manager was getting a bit flustered bc it was close to closing time and we were still chatting. Sorry bud, I forgot your name, but his username here was something like Explorer4x4 (?). Mentioned the meeting next week but I think he had to work. Good guy though.
 #84094  by Iggyjoe1361

Kuntryboy816 wrote:April 13

On the way home I stopped at Pep Boys. Ran in and grabbed some RTV and as I was heading up to the register I was stopped by a guy who asked about my sidearm. We chatted for a few mins and he even mentioned that he had registered on Deloc. I think his manager was getting a bit flustered bc it was close to closing time and we were still chatting. Sorry bud, I forgot your name, but his username here was something like Explorer4x4 (?). Mentioned the meeting next week but I think he had to work. Good guy though.
That's my buddy his name is Anthony. Yeah he recently joined as 4x4explorer... Def a good guy has a XDs .45
 #84115  by Iggyjoe1361

Hey 4x4eplorer you should start your own OC thread. let the people know what goes on!
 #84167  by Kuntryboy816

:pointlaugh:
4x4explorer wrote:Hey its cool, my manager was fine with it, he's just an awkward guy to begin with!
Yeah I kept noticing him pacing up and down that aisle like he had a bug in his craw (southern lingo, sorry :lol: ). Figured maybe it was me but I didn't want to get you in trouble since we obviously weren't talking about vehicles. I got your name now so I shouldn't forget it. 8-) I'll see ya around. Maybe at one of the meetings or at the range!