You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #92116  by Taurus247

A little rant here...

I hate when people point at my weapon and say "why do you need/have/carry THAT!?!" First of all its not a THAT! You know what it is and you obviously are not scared enough of it to be running in fear from the crafted piece of plastic and metal that I choose to carry to protect mine and my families life. If you want to ask why I carry a weapon then ask and I will glad have a conversation with you about it given I have time or I will direct you to this site in the event that I don't where you can find out more information and discuss the issue all you would like. Don't insult me or what I have chosen to do it will not be welcomed around me. I don't know what is going on but this is twice in the past week that I have had someone say something rude about me carrying and touran season is over! :censored: :banghead: :censored:
 #92153  by Kuntryboy816

Taurus247 wrote:A little rant here...

I hate when people point at my weapon and say "why do you need/have/carry THAT!?!" First of all its not a THAT! You know what it is and you obviously are not scared enough of it to be running in fear from the crafted piece of plastic and metal that I choose to carry to protect mine and my families life. If you want to ask why I carry a weapon then ask and I will glad have a conversation with you about it given I have time or I will direct you to this site in the event that I don't where you can find out more information and discuss the issue all you would like. Don't insult me or what I have chosen to do it will not be welcomed around me. I don't know what is going on but this is twice in the past week that I have had someone say something rude about me carrying and touran season is over! :censored: :banghead: :censored:
Sometimes I get that sideways, judgemental look from people but I don't let it bother me. I've only had a few convos where I could tell the person already had their mind made up about weapons/firearms in general (or they flat out told me). Some of them acted like they were genuinely interested in my decision to carry at first until we came to a point of disagreement. Maybe it's just growing up with 2 brothers or just my sense of "these people need to be taught" but these are people I tend to divulge in "further conversation." :troll:

I just had 2 such encounters with family no less this past weekend. I'll be posting them in my OC log shortly.
 #92243  by spillanej

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
Taurus247 wrote:A little rant here...

Sometimes I get that sideways, judgemental look from people but I don't let it bother me. I've only had a few convos where I could tell the person already had their mind made up about weapons/firearms in general (or they flat out told me). Some of them acted like they were genuinely interested in my decision to carry at first until we came to a point of disagreement. Maybe it's just growing up with 2 brothers or just my sense of "these people need to be taught" but these are people I tend to divulge in "further conversation." :troll:

I just had 2 such encounters with family no less this past weekend. I'll be posting them in my OC log shortly.
I love these situations. I had someone tell me in a wawa last week that it makes me criminally insane. I slowly gave them the half way tilted head you're-an-idiot stare while asking them why they would dare scream at an armed man who is criminally insane. After asking if I was threatening him even the drug dealer in the store laughed at him. I finally explained that if he truly felt I was criminally insane and armed he wouldnt be here yelling, he'd be 4 miles away pissing himself the entire run while crying to a 9/11 call taker.