You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #89981  by WVisHome

8-17-13

Went with the girlfriend to First State Lanes. We read a review online that said there had been a shooting in the parking lot a few months ago, so I decided to carry.

When we arrived, there was a bouncer-type guy at the entrance. I walked right by him and he didn't say anything. We got our shoes and paid and was getting set up to bowl.

The bouncer then walked over and asked if I was LEO. I replied that I wasn't and then he went on the shpeil about private property blah blah. I informed him OC was legal and asked if I was being asked to leave. He mentioned that there was a group of "feds" down the lanes and there was nothing to worry about.

I walked back to the counter where the owner/operator was and we continued the discussion. The owner/operator was clearly OK with me carrying and kind of implied that even he'd feel safer, but the bouncer was adamant that's why he was there, that the "Feds" were there and that he'd keep an eye on my car while he was sitting at the entrance.

I ended up taking my sidearm to the car and locking it up, but I wasn't happy about it at all.
 #89993  by myopicvisionary

The owner was fine with you OCing. End of story.
 #90008  by Kuntryboy816

myopicvisionary wrote:The owner was fine with you OCing. End of story.
x2!! If the owner said it was ok then screw the security guy. Just because there's a "group of Feds" there doesn't mean that they are a highly trained tactical unit ready to answer a threat of violence. For all you know they're a bunch of pencil pushing office guys from the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services (<-- is an actual fed agency).

Anyone want to go bowling this weekend? My kids have been begging to go. :troll:
 #90013  by Amy Blackthorn

The security guy is only an agent of the owner. They cannot enforce their opinion, only the policy of the owner, who said you were fine.
 #90017  by WVisHome

I guess I should clarify...I'm 'assuming' the man running the place was in some regard the owner/manager. I'm not 100% certain on that.
 #90046  by myopicvisionary

If he is "running the place" he has the final say. Bubba be damned.
 #90152  by mdak06

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
myopicvisionary wrote:If he is "running the place" he has the final say. Bubba be damned.
+1
+2

If the guy in charge is cool with it, then the business is cool with it, AFAIK. Any hired security has to follow the rules of the guy in charge.
 #90180  by Boots

Power corrupts, ....
Even a little bit of power, for those so inclined.