You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #93355  by edz71

Oc'd tonight at Sav-A-Lot on Maryland Ave. and Walgreens in Elsmere.No strange looks,or comments.I have noticed I have become a lot more aware of my surroundings since I started carrying.
 #93440  by edz71

Oc'd today at several places.First was Concord Pet Supply on Rt.141 across from Ferris.As I was checking out at the register a man who was with his wife and 2 kids noticed my firearm and said "Nice piece!" I replied "Thank You" and proceeded on my way.Next I stopped at Dunkin Donuts in the same shopping center and as I was ordering the man behind the counter said to me "Are you security,or something?" I replied "No".He said do you have a permit to carry and I replied "Don't need one,Delaware is an open carry state."He said "Oh,you carry for protection?" I said "Yep,you never know when you are going to need it."Then as I sat down to eat I recognized a guy that worked at the same place my father used to work.We started to talk and himself and his friend sitting at the table with him didn't know open carry was legal in Delaware and were asking me questions.The man I knew has a son on the NCC PD. and I told him "ask your son,he's been on the force for about 20 yrs." he said he was going to.I gave the other man the web address for this site and told him to check it out.Next I was off to Famous Footwear in Prices Corner shopping center to meet my fiancé (I had dropped her off at the shopping center and went to Concord Pet first).As I was trying shoes on I heard a guy say to his friend "Hey look,the Sheriff is here."I paid him no mind and continued trying shoes on.Then it was on to Wally World on Centerville Rd.I walked in with no problems or stares.I paroozed the grocery section first,then was on my way to the sporting goods section.When I was in the sporting goods section there were 2 young guys working there.The one guy saw me looking around and asked me if I needed any ammo.I said "Yeah,you can never have enough ammo!"As the one guy was getting me my ammo the other one asked me "Was it hard to get your permit?"The other guy replied "He doesn't need one,Delaware is an open carry state."He said "Really?"I had a conversation with them for a good 5 minutes and told them to check out this website,they said they would be.The last stop was to Casual Male on Kirkwood Hwy.to pick up an order I had placed last week.As I was at the register a woman who worked there said "You're not going to shoot up in here are you?" I looked at her like she had 10 heads.got my stuff and was on my way.
 #93446  by edz71

Yeah,I remember.It was on Christmas Eve.
 #93447  by bmel17

phlydude wrote:They are skiddish in that Casual Male...someone that worked there got shot and killed during a robbery like 6 years ago.
Weird, I drove past there today with my grandmother to bring her home from dinner. She mentioned that murder and was saying what shame it was that the killer still hasn't been caught.
 #93462  by jslacker

bmel17 wrote:
phlydude wrote:They are skiddish in that Casual Male...someone that worked there got shot and killed during a robbery like 6 years ago.
Weird, I drove past there today with my grandmother to bring her home from dinner. She mentioned that murder and was saying what shame it was that the killer still hasn't been caught.
Even a better reason to carry on.
 #93515  by edz71

Oc'd yesterday 12/14 at Concord Pet,nothing out of the normal,next was Dunkin' Donuts.After I ordered I went to the pick up area to wait for my bagel.There were 2 women standing in front of me,the one turned around and saw my gun.She quickly turned around and said to her friend in almost a whisper "That guy's got a gun",her friend looked like she saw a ghost then she quickly said to her friend in a low voice "If he pulls it out just run." I just stood there and waited for my order when they got theirs they high tailed it out the door like the place was on fire.Lastly I was on to Dollar Tree.As I was getting ready to enter the store there was a group of young black fellers with their pants around their knees,reeking of marijuana.As they saw me getting closer they noticed my sidearm and their eyes lit up like a Christmas Tree.One of them held the door open until I grabbed a hold of it.Other than that nothing out of the normal.
 #93533  by harr2969

I might have said something to the ladies who were so scared... "don't worry ladies, criminals usually hide their illegal guns" or perhaps the "don't worry, it's just that it's easier to carry a gun than carry a police officer".
 #93563  by edz71

harr2969 wrote:I might have said something to the ladies who were so scared... "don't worry ladies, criminals usually hide their illegal guns" or perhaps the "don't worry, it's just that it's easier to carry a gun than carry a police officer".
I should have.
 #93571  by myopicvisionary

Unless someone says something directly to me, I don't say anything to them. I don't feel a need to explain myself. I let any possible disorderly conduct be generated solely by them.
Last edited by myopicvisionary on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.