You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #95334  by c5crewchief2003

Today, my fiance and I had to go to Milford Wal-Mart for some things. I carried my Hi-Point 9mm. There was no problems whatsoever. I even had a fellow customer ask me if I had gotten any shit for OC'ing. I said no, I even talked to an employee for a few mins and she saw my handgun but never said anything. I told him about this website and he said he would check it out. Overall, awesome experience.
 #95337  by SasquatchAF

c5crewchief2003 wrote:Today, my fiance and I had to go to Milford Wal-Mart for some things. I carried my Hi-Point 9mm. There was no problems whatsoever. I even had a fellow customer ask me if I had gotten any shit for OC'ing. I said no, I even talked to an employee for a few mins and she saw my handgun but never said anything. I told him about this website and he said he would check it out. Overall, awesome experience.
To date I have not had a problem with Milford Walmart. Occasionally some weird looks and reactions by patrons, but never a staff issue. Camden Walmart on the other hand.... COMPLETE PAIN IN THE :censored: !!!
 #95338  by Daveman

Ah ya should've came over to electronics and had a chat with me. I work there. And OC there all the time, except when I'm working. Which is prohibited. Next time you're in, come to electronics and ask for Dave. We've never had a problem at the store with people OC'ing that I can ever recall.
 #95339  by c5crewchief2003

Daveman wrote:Ah ya should've came over to electronics and had a chat with me. I work there. And OC there all the time, except when I'm working. Which is prohibited. Next time you're in, come to electronics and ask for Dave.. e've never had a problem at the store with people OC'ing that I can ever recall.
Damn Dave wish I had known that. We walked right by the electronic section. There was a customer that asked me about open carry and i told him about this website. He said he is working on his CCDW. We talked for a few mins. He told me about his Springfield and how it was gone for over three months due to the recall. He told me he was going to go home and check out our amazing site :D
 #95377  by adrianspeeder

Yeah, Milford and Cheswald wallyworld good to go, not an issue. Camden is the place where the manager is anti gun and has all the employees on the lookout to ask OC'ers to leave the property.

As an aside, what holster do you use? I jokingly looked for a blackhawk serpa retention holster when I got my hipoint, and couldn't find one.

Adrianspeeder
 #95382  by c5crewchief2003

I actually got a holster from the hi-point website. It has a belt clip, is ambidextrous, and has a spot for a spare magazine. It works pretty well.
 #95467  by c5crewchief2003

Today I just ordered my fiancee her first handgun. It is a Taurus 738 TCP .380. She has shot my Hi-Point 9mm and decided she wanted her own gun so I told her to pick one out and I would get it for her. She found it and I ordered it....just in time for Valentines Day. It wont be here by Friday, but still scored some brownie points ;) ;) ;)
 #95472  by TexasJay

c5crewchief2003 wrote:Today I just ordered my fiancee her first handgun. It is a Taurus 738 TCP .380. She has shot my Hi-Point 9mm and decided she wanted her own gun so I told her to pick one out and I would get it for her. She found it and I ordered it....just in time for Valentines Day. It wont be here by Friday, but still scored some brownie points ;) ;) ;)
^^^ :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #95623  by c5crewchief2003

I know this isnt exactly the right place for this, but I will share it anyways. I open carried in Virginia this weekend....actually in downtown Richmond. My fiancee and I went to visit her parents and then went to an Arena Racing League race at the coliseum. We also went to Bass Pro and Green Top in Ashland. While we were at the coliseum, I had an interesting conversation with a Police Captain. He told me he was glad to see someone exercising their right to open carry in Virginia. A couple of workers saw my handgun, smiled and nodded, and waled away. There were also about 200 soldiers from Fort Lee there, and they all had nice words about me carrying. It was another good experience.

On a side note, both Bass Pro and Green Top are open carry friendly, they even have signs posted that say so.

Another side note....if you love racing, check out www.arenaracingusa.com and get a small taste of what we watched last night. It is definitely something to check out.