You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #96787  by Dugan

I will be starting a log soon as I just purchased my first handgun, M&P 9mm. Been wearing around the house lately just to get accustomed to it and see if it interferes with my daily routine.
So far so good. I'm using the Uncle Mikes tactical Reflex holster with the locking feature. Oh and I have to thank Chris for the awesome hookup on my first handgun :mrgreen:

Will be hitting the range this Saturday at Ommenladen if anyone wants to meet up.
 #97068  by Dugan

My first OC was Walmart in New Castle, Didnt notice anything out of the ordinary. I kept seeing walmart employees walking behind me, but this might have just been because of my better surroundings outlook.

Even on my first OC in public, I didnt feel nervous or anything. It was like 2nd nature.

All weekends I went to different spots while doing some home repairs,

-Home depot like 8 times
-Harbor Freight
-NC farmers Market (Marys Cycles)

I may be forgetting one. I saw the 2x2 pink water ruined "sign" at the NC Farmers Market. How are you suppose to read that. I walked in and got the stare from the 2-3 people between the entrance doors. Walked right into mary's cycles to spend my gfs gift card for a new helmet i got her and walked out. Nothing was said by anyone.

Home depot and HF had no issues what so ever. I think people are more eager to help you, i had a lot of people asking me if i needed help. Dunno if this is because of the firearm.

We did go to arners for breakfast sunday morn before heading to jersey to help a friend. I didnt OC because I was going straight to the nazi state after. Has anyone OC'd in Arners? Nice place but their cream chipped beef tasted like fish......... glad my gf got it
 #97096  by Kuntryboy816

Dugan wrote:
Deast wrote:8 trips to HD... I know how that works.
plumbing work... of course
Hah! I've been remodeling our master bath since the Sunday before last. It sux when you but something from Lowe's and try to return it to Home Depot. :lol:

Congrats on getting out there and OC'ing.
 #97097  by Dugan

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
Dugan wrote:
Deast wrote:8 trips to HD... I know how that works.
plumbing work... of course
Hah! I've been remodeling our master bath since the Sunday before last. It sux when you but something from Lowe's and try to return it to Home Depot. :lol:

Congrats on getting out there and OC'ing.
When I use to help a friend do plumbing work for his commercial company we use to buy about 500$ worth of PVC piping and bends etc to do a house and at the end of the day would return about 300$ worth... those people hated us at lowes hahahahaha
 #97121  by myopicvisionary

We've had a DELOC gathering at Arner's. No problems at all.
 #97204  by Dugan

Went to the NC walmart yesterday with my gf to pick up some basics. Walking around the food isle was a bunch of "kids"... and they were being loud and obnoxious.... So what right? Well they kept gathering in large groups of 6-7 or so and it looked like they were pocking a ton of shit. Im not one to care, its not my business. But as me and the Gf were navigating isles. It seems like there was at least 2-3 following us and the crowd would follow. I was trying to ignore it, but my gf saw a few of them pointing at my firearm and talking to themselves about it and that situational awareness beacon started going off. The kids were prob 16-20age and we decided it was prob best to just head home.

These were the type of kids whose parents would say "But he was such a good kid"... so I was not getting involved with anything including saying something about them pocketing stuff.
 #97208  by NCC

Yeah. As I said in my other post, "I just love the clientele in that Walmart. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I go there. I always carry a BUG too.".