You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #99706  by Piazza

Oh wonderful I didn't know that. My girlfriend and I both have brand new cars
 #99708  by Dugan

Piazza wrote:Oh wonderful I didn't know that. My girlfriend and I both have brand new cars
Be prepared to bend over then. hint of advice. Be as nice as possible and joke around with the DMV person. They can lower your price some, but its their discretion. If you go to delaware city DMV try and get george. He hooked me up on the dodge last week. Saved me almost 100$.
 #99716  by NCC

Also take your sales receipt along. If what you paid was lower than the NADA book value, and you can prove it, you then only have to pay the rate on the sales price.
 #99718  by Boots

Dugan wrote:... They can lower your price some, but its their discretion. If you go to delaware city DMV try and get george. He hooked me up on the dodge last week. Saved me almost 100$.
1) It's a take-a-number and wait to be called system, so what choice do you have?
2) After your comment, 'George' will probably be MIA, OR be watched very closely. No 'good deed' goes unpunished.
 #99724  by Dugan

NCC wrote:Also take your sales receipt along. If what you paid was lower than the NADA book value, and you can prove it, you then only have to pay the rate on the sales price.

Document Fee:
3.75% of purchase price or NADA book value, whichever is greater. Minimum document fee is $8.00.
http://www.dmv.de.gov/services/vehicle_ ... hart.shtml

Tried that with a bill of sale, they said it doesnt matter.

I said what about a notorized bill of sale, they said its still less than NADA.
 #99726  by NCC

Wow. It used to be the other way around. In the mid 90's I went to down to VA and bought a Bonneville SSE through a friend who worked at National Car Rental and registered it here. Paid the tax on the BOS with was just a hair over 1/2 the price in the NADA book.
 #99728  by Boots

Piazza wrote:... My girlfriend and I both have brand new cars
Delaware law allows out-of-state vehicle owners a credit on a sales tax, transfer tax or some similar levy paid to another state on the purchase of a vehicle within 90 days prior to registering the vehicle in Delaware. The vehicle must have been titled/registered in the other state within 90 days prior to registering the vehicle in Delaware. The 90-day rule is strictly enforced.
 #99729  by Piazza

They are both beyond 90 days so I guess not "brand new"
 #99732  by Dugan

Piazza, just be prepared. Start saving. Someone told me one day at work.. I didnt believe them and started doing A LOT of research.. my week was ruined.

This is the only bad part of DE i have found so far, being that I build vehicles/hotrods. They tried telling me my 1951 ford f2 pickup that was a cab bed and frame was worth 5600.. I was like theres no drivetrain and its flaking from rust.... its still 5600 sir nothing we can do.
 #99733  by NCC

Dugan wrote: This is the only bad part of DE i have found so far, being that I build vehicles/hotrods.
Have you bought a house yet? There is the property transfer tax, 1.5% each, to the seller and the buyer, on the sales price. This is the first state I have run into for this, although I hear there are others that do it.