You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #97387  by DavidLee_64

I decided since it was so nice out Sunday, I would take a walk around the yard. It took me about an hour to walk the perimeter, and my new holster belt stayed up, with my 1911 Govt model, without suspenders. I only picked up one tick, and he just walked on me, so I grabbed him and squashed his little azz, lol. It was uneventful tho. I only tripped one time jumping the fence near the tracks. OOPS !! :pbjtime:
 #97388  by Kuntryboy816

DavidLee_64 wrote:I decided since it was so nice out Sunday, I would take a walk around the yard. It took me about an hour to walk the perimeter, and my new holster belt stayed up, with my 1911 Govt model, without suspenders. I only picked up one tick, and he just walked on me, so I grabbed him and squashed his little azz, lol. It was uneventful tho. I only tripped one time jumping the fence near the tracks. OOPS !! :pbjtime:

Yesterday was beautiful for purty much anything! :lol: How much land do you have that it takes an hour to walk the perimeter?!? :shock: It seems large enough to set up a backyard range?? :mrgreen:
 #97392  by DavidLee_64

I walk with a cane, and a bit slow. Property is about 5 acres, give or take. I have thought about letting off a few rounds, there is a berm on 2 sides of the house, and nothing else within 300 feet. I can discharge a firearm according to DE as I meet the requirements, as I interpret them. BUT- I am not so sure I want to find out the hard way, that I screwed up.
 #97396  by Kuntryboy816

I've done the wheelchair, then walker, then cane thing in the not too distant past. I still have permanent diminished mobility in my right leg/foot. Not something I'm happy to have to live with at 34 years of age but I'm sure no one is ever happy about losing any sort of functionality. Just makes me appreciate life all the more!

I'm not too sure about laws pertaining to shooting on your own property. Smart idea not to until you have a definitive answer on that. I know there's a few on the board here that can answer that for you though.
 #97398  by soundman2345

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
DavidLee_64 wrote:I decided since it was so nice out Sunday, I would take a walk around the yard. It took me about an hour to walk the perimeter, and my new holster belt stayed up, with my 1911 Govt model, without suspenders. I only picked up one tick, and he just walked on me, so I grabbed him and squashed his little azz, lol. It was uneventful tho. I only tripped one time jumping the fence near the tracks. OOPS !! :pbjtime:

Yesterday was beautiful for purty much anything! :lol: How much land do you have that it takes an hour to walk the perimeter?!? :shock: It seems large enough to set up a backyard range?? :mrgreen:
My uncle from Texas once told me that his ranch was so big he could drive all day, all night, and half the next day and still not reach the other end of it :roll: ... I told him that I used to have a car that ran like that too. :lol: Anyway it's nice to have this kind of weather after a long, cold winter. :)