You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #98522  by Thargon

So I finally got my new holster in the mail today :D After I got it set up with the cant that felt good, it was time to take the dog for a walk around the neighborhood.
It was pretty late at night so didn't really meet anyone but it did feel kinda weird walking around with a gun on my belt lol. Pretty sure that will go away after a while.
Managed to get an old Uncle Mike Sidekick velcroed to the dashboard of the car, so we'll see how that holds up. If that doesn't work I'll go the clipboard in the front window route.
 #98539  by Kuntryboy816

:applause: :applause:

Congrats on getting out there and getting it done! It does get less weird after you've carried for a while. Just remember that your situational awareness is key. Never become complacent.
 #98670  by Thargon

After a lot of tinkering and cleaning the dash with rubbing alcohol I was able to get my sidekick stuck in place. Drove down to Middletown in the middle of rush hour and was sure that every one was staring at my dashboard :lol:
Stupid work rules means no weapons on the premises so I had to lock it in a lock box and put it in the trunk once I got there. Once back home at 6 am it was time for the dog to take a walk. Don't think any of the still half asleep neighbours even noticed me, let alone the gun on my hip.
Big test is coming up this weekend since I'm off work and can actually go places.
Last edited by Thargon on Fri May 23, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #98675  by Dugan

be careful with that work rule. My jobs parking lot is considered on premises as well. And in the trunk locked is still on premises. Just a heads up, dont wanna see you lose your job.

My job has armed guards at every corner (thats how it seems atleast).. So i wouldnt even think about risking a firearm in the parking lot...
 #98681  by Thargon

The policy states "Firearms and knives are not to be used or in the possession of an associate"
And I did talk to HR and Security and asked them that since the policy is written like it is, if it would be ok that I lock it up in my car since it's not really in my possession.
I was told that since DE law says it's ok they're ok with it, as long as I don't take the gun out of the car.
 #98683  by NCC

I thought DE was one of the states where this was settled.

I think that it is legal for you to lock your weapon in your car even though the car is parked on the employer's property (owned or leased by them).

Anyone, am I wrong here?
 #98685  by NCC

Dugan wrote:I work in NJ, so Im just going off that haha.
I am so sorry you have to do that. I escaped the communists in 1987.

Do you know why the toll is on the DE side? Cuz no one would pay to go to NJ, but they would pay to get out.
 #98686  by Dugan

NCC wrote:

Do you know why the toll is on the DE side? Cuz no one would pay to go to NJ, but they would pay to get out.
You have to pay a tax if you sell a house in NJ if moving to another state. This tax can be up to 30% ive heard.
 #98687  by Owen

NCC wrote:

Escape from NJ! It could be a movie.

I figure in a SHTF situation I'll be heading to the armory to "volunteer"! ;) It's good to know the range officers!