You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #101838  by cmath

So, me, my wife and son had to run up to old Navy this afternoon. She wanted to take advantage of the sale going on..we stopped in at the wawa at rt.40 and rt.7 and I went on inside while OCing. Upon walking threw the doors I noticed a Group of shady Characters huddled around each other towards the back of the store (by the atms) Immediately it looked suspicious and I guess the manager thought the same as he was closely watching them. They noticed me and my side arm and began whispering and looking over. My senses kinda went off, and what I would have to do, had they decided to attempt something raced threw my mind. One of them walked over towards me with his chest puffed out and a shit eating smirk on his face while shuffling threw his coat pocket and i immediately turned protecting my strong side and was prepared to draw if a weapon came out of his pocket.He continued walking past me at a snails pace eyeballing the hell out of me. I made my purchase and left the store with a keen knowledge of my surroundings. Luckly nothing happened and I did not have to draw my sidearm. But it sure gave me a bad taste in my mouth, that area has gone downhill over the past few years..
 #101872  by Dugan

cmath wrote:So, me, my wife and son had to run up to old Navy this afternoon. She wanted to take advantage of the sale going on..we stopped in at the wawa at rt.40 and rt.7 and I went on inside while OCing. Upon walking threw the doors I noticed a Group of shady Characters huddled around each other towards the back of the store (by the atms) Immediately it looked suspicious and I guess the manager thought the same as he was closely watching them. They noticed me and my side arm and began whispering and looking over. My senses kinda went off, and what I would have to do, had they decided to attempt something raced threw my mind. One of them walked over towards me with his chest puffed out and a shit eating smirk on his face while shuffling threw his coat pocket and i immediately turned protecting my strong side and was prepared to draw if a weapon came out of his pocket.He continued walking past me at a snails pace eyeballing the hell out of me. I made my purchase and left the store with a keen knowledge of my surroundings. Luckly nothing happened and I did not have to draw my sidearm. But it sure gave me a bad taste in my mouth, that area has gone downhill over the past few years..

It sounds like you made it obvious. Walking in the opposite direction could have also been an option.
 #101876  by Owen

I'm glad nothing came of it. Good job keeping your cool but also being aware and ready.
 #101878  by Kuntryboy816

Always one guy trying to show off to the "boys" and prove he's the man... Hopefully that's all the stare down was. I would've moved off and wouldn't have let him get within arms reach if he was acting like that. Who knows if he just didn't tell the boys, "Imma gonna get me a new gun!"

Glad it turned out ok in the end!