You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #99627  by NCC

Thanks Cmath. Sounds to me like you got it covered.

And as others have expressed, thanks for taking the time to write the log.
 #99646  by ptlion

I always put my firearm in my center console when my car is parked (and it's not with me). Is that considered breaking the law? I assumed that if my car isn't running (keys not in ignition) that it's not if I'm not in the car. Of course, I also assume that a legally parked car shouldn't draw any LEO attention. Sorry Cmath...didn't mean to hijack your log with my question.
 #99647  by WVisHome

To each his own, but there is NO way I'd leave my firearm visible in my car if unattended.
 #99651  by Boots

ptlion wrote:I always put my firearm in my center console when my car is parked (and it's not with me). Is that considered breaking the law? ....
Technically, without a CCDW, the moment you conceal the gun "on or about your person" you've broken the law. (I don't think it actually needs to be loaded to have broken the law)

If you need to leave your gun secured in your car it should be unloaded and placed in the trunk, for example. In the center console is not a good place; if nothing else it gives the appearance of the intent to illegally conceal the gun 'about your person.'
 #99680  by Tony

WVisHome wrote:To each his own, but there is NO way I'd leave my firearm visible in my car if unattended.
This goes for any of my personal property (especially a firearm), but I grew up in the city...
 #99682  by cmath

It's been a few days since I have been on the internet. But nothing unusual as I oc from home to work during the week. Stopped at wawa on 301 in middletown yesterday morning on my way in and came across a DSP tactical squad assembling for what looked to be a raid. Walked right past without issue. Today I had to run errands in the morning, stopping at wawa again and for the first time went into middletown walmart while ocing. Had the sporting goods associate ask me about my sidearm enthusiastically. No others seemed to notice of if they did, didn't mind it. A pleasent experience to say the least.
 #99738  by cmath

7/1 decided to OC my commander size 1911 45 today. Took the dogs out for a walk around the neighborhood this evening. Since there was an attempted child abduction last night in the neighborhood, there is an increase in police presents. Had my first run in with DSP while open carrying. He had stopped at a stop sign that myself andthe dogs were at with his window down. I said hello and he responded very friendly, glancing at my side arm for a second. Not one word was said about my weapon, we simply had a discussion about the incident that took place last nite. An extremely polite and friendly officer, glad to encounter nice ones from time to time.
 #99749  by Dugan

cmath wrote:7/1 decided to OC my commander size 1911 45 today. Took the dogs out for a walk around the neighborhood this evening. Since there was an attempted child abduction last night in the neighborhood, there is an increase in police presents. Had my first run in with DSP while open carrying. He had stopped at a stop sign that myself andthe dogs were at with his window down. I said hello and he responded very friendly, glancing at my side arm for a second. Not one word was said about my Firearm, we simply had a discussion about the incident that took place last nite. An extremely polite and friendly officer, glad to encounter nice ones from time to time.

Fixed it for you. I learned early not to call it the W word haha.
 #101542  by cmath

It's been awhile since I've posted, ocing my commander 1911 in .45 just about everywhere I go, have not had a single issue. I've since made an improvement to secure my firearm in my vehicle with a very hefty safe mounted out of sight in my truck. I recently picked up a new kahr cm45 and just finished putting a few hundred rounds threw it over the weekend. Man is it a sweet little piece! Not one problem breaking it in, and it's proved itself worthy for me to rely on with my families and my life. What a very noticeable weight difference going from a 1911 to a compact, definitely nice. It handles the large .45 round without issue and recoil is a lot less then you would think. For now I will be OCing it with plans on getting my ccw.