You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #99611  by cmath

Well, since I have come across alot of great information reading threw others oc logs, here's mine.
Tuesday the 24th,
I commute from middletown to newark daily as I work on Cleveland ave. Always Open carrying my snub nose 38special. Stopping at bp on 896 by summit airport, manager in pro-OC and I'm greated warmly always.Ive got a Holster mounted on dash in my silverado and leave it there during work hours. Headed home back to middletown and stopped at royal farms on old balt. Pike, have never had issue there either. Went over to foodlion in mtown to get my fiance a birthday cake, no problems. Stopped at wawa by lowes off main street and back home. Not one mention of my sidearm or even a second glance from anyone.
 #99613  by Dugan

You leave it visible on the dash when your at work? You might want to lock it up, some might see it as a way to get a throw away firearm... that will only be traced back to you
 #99615  by cmath

Hey I appreciate the concern. Should have clarified that while working, I remove my belt holster and holster my sidearm in it, placing that on my seat, hidden to the passerby, yet visible enough to remain within the law. Also, I park in a fenced in lot, knowing all those that park there. Very secure place and my truck is always within eye - shot.
 #99616  by Surface Dragon

cmath wrote:Ive got a Holster mounted on dash in my silverado and leave it there during work hours.
I hope you were attempting to say -
"I've got a Holster mounted on dash in my Silverado. And I leave it locked in a hidden location during work hours."

C riminals are
M otivated by
A rms left in the
T ruck's
H olster

Forget about concealed firearm Laws, put your firearm in a hidden locked container when its not on your person. Doing otherwise is extremely irresponsible in my opinion. I'm 99% sure that if you did get busted for breaking the concealed firearms law that a jury would let the charges slide if the firearm was unloaded in a locked case with ammo stored separately. Would you rather be "illegally" protecting something (that is or should be protected by the 2nd amendment) or possibly aiding and abetting violent criminal activity?

I don't enjoy telling people to break laws because I usually support the law but I'm pretty sure that even an officer of the law would tell you something similar. If you are ever stopped by an officer who suspects your firearm is in a locked case in your vehicle he/she would not be allowed to open that case without your approval or the approval from a judge.
Last edited by Surface Dragon on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #99618  by cmath

Glad your able to make a clever saying from my user name. What a warm welcome.
 #99619  by cmath

Side arm is NOT left in trucks holster while I'm not in vehicle. It's secured in my carry holster well protected in vehile. I have no worries as to it being taken.
 #99620  by NCC

cmath wrote:Side arm is NOT left in trucks holster while I'm not in vehicle. It's secured in my carry holster well protected in vehile. I have no worries as to it being taken.
Hi Cmath!

You said is was in a locked truck, in a secured parking lot, where you know all who park there. Did I get that right?

As this is on Cleveland Ave. I would presume it is one of the car dealers as well. Some of these have security guards too, but not sure about in the day time.
 #99621  by Owen

C ongratualtions on
M aking
A n open carry log
TH at is the important part!
:applause:

:D
 #99623  by Surface Dragon

S orry
O pen carry logs
R eally
R ock especially
Y ours

I do apologize about using your name in a joking way. I have no problem with deleting what I wrote if you really want me to.

Thank you for sharing your experiences OCing, I look forward to reading more of your adventures.
 #99626  by cmath

its all good. My original post did sound as if i left unattended firearm out in the open for the taking. However, I do work at one of the dealerships with a gated/fenced secure property. And my weapon is only visable if the door is open and you look in at the correct angle(for storage only)