You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #10329  by myopicvisionary

45b for now(small arms repairman). but lookin into the 153rd.MP co after my deployment
I used to be 45B, 45K, 45L, 11B and 95B. I was also in the 153rd from their beginning.
 #10338  by myopicvisionary

Twice I tried to go for EIB but it always was when I had school slated!
 #10356  by James

Tac - you mention you have a buddy who is a New Castle cop. I was curious if he was aware of the open carry laws in Delaware? It seems a few of the members of this sight have had some run ins with law enforcement who are not aware of what the laws are.
 #10366  by Tactical_P

yes he is fully aware of the fact that as a delaware resident you can open carry without a permit. however he wasnt sure about the transportation laws. he said it was a shame but most leo's arent as knowlegable of the laws as they should be.
 #10367  by George

I talked one night with a nurse who happened to see me on deloc.org and started asking questions. She was very curious about open carry and said her boyfriend is a NCC cop and is urging her to get a gun and CCDW permit. When she said she was going to ask him about open carry I made the prediction that he would say:
1. that he was aware that it was legal
2. that it was not a good idea and would probably lead to at least being detained.
When I next talked to her she said his replies:
1. Yes he was aware it was legal
2. He was all for it.
3. He wouldn’t attempt to detain unless RS of a crime.
Some of them seem to be informed and able to understand the laws :)
 #10372  by Tactical_P

there has to be a way to i guess, "get the word out" too law enforcment that it is legal to oc. im mean its there job they should know these things.
 #10373  by Jacques

Tactical_P wrote:there has to be a way to i guess, "get the word out" too law enforcment that it is legal to oc. im mean its there job they should know these things.
Anyone [thinking] Wynder [/thinking] care to write a letter to the editor of the communist rag? The PA guys are crafting an open letter to the various LEFs. [define_LEF] Law Enforcement Force [/define_LEF]
 #10382  by stephpd

Because of the work by some over at PAFOA and because of incidents like the one at OCB the police are now required to teach that open carry is legal. I'll try to find the link about the new training.

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/4 ... ining.html

You've got to understand that PA is much larger then DE. I think the membership at PAFOA is over 100,000 members. They also have lawyers and LEO's that are members. All that works in their favor towards this end.
 #10504  by dave_in_delaware

Welcome to DELOC, Tactical_P!! And thank you very much for your service. It sounds like you could teach some of us a thing or two! 8-)