If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #105032  by georgie c

I just crossed rt. 40 going south on 896 when one of the crazies cuts in front of me , you know the type , big fat hurry to get to the next light. it was a shinny red g.m.c. crew cab dually pulling a big enclosed trailer Va. tags , my 91 year old mother in law in the front and wife in the back , we are going the vet cemetery. so I am in the right lane at a light and need to get in left lane to turn on red lion rd. the light turns we start moving and there is space in front of big red so I move over. well as you can guess he coped a tude on me , weaving back and forth then gets next to me and gives me the stink eye. I move into left turn lane and mister smarty pants crowds me with the trailer hits my car and takes off over the summit bridge. I click into pursuit mode and he is weaving this rig back and forth so I can't get up to see the tag # on his truck. my wife is on the phone with 911 telling what was happening , I got the tag # and it was relayed to 911 op. in front of the airport I am in the right lane off the corner of the trailer when he jerks his wheel and slams the trailer into my left front fender. While she is on the phone with 911 ! "Good lord he hit us again " she tells the 911 op. Now he knows he has to stop. he pulls over I am behind him, wife is telling me to stay in the car , I am ignoring her, I get out and proceed to stand in front of his truck and voice my opinion of his driving habits with my index finger point at him. then he makes the first smart move of the encounter and won't get out of the truck, he says " I'm callin the cops" I go back to the car and wifies phone rings -ITS THE COPS -" does your husband have a gun" "yes and he has a permit" she says they tell her to tell me to stay in the car till they arrive , which I do (calm down time) three cops arrive 20 minutes later , I get out and tell my side of the story he get sighted and am sent on my way. the police are very professional they see the sr9 on my hip and never make any mention of it or ask to see the ccdw. I hope big red had a nice trip back to Virginia.
 #105033  by joet

georgie c wrote:I just crossed rt. 40 going south on 896 when one of the crazies cuts in front of me , you know the type , big fat hurry to get to the next light. it was a shinny red g.m.c. crew cab dually pulling a big enclosed trailer Va. tags , my 91 year old mother in law in the front and wife in the back , we are going the vet cemetery. so I am in the right lane at a light and need to get in left lane to turn on red lion rd. the light turns we start moving and there is space in front of big red so I move over. well as you can guess he coped a tude on me , weaving back and forth then gets next to me and gives me the stink eye. I move into left turn lane and mister smarty pants crowds me with the trailer hits my car and takes off over the summit bridge. I click into pursuit mode and he is weaving this rig back and forth so I can't get up to see the tag # on his truck. my wife is on the phone with 911 telling what was happening , I got the tag # and it was relayed to 911 op. in front of the airport I am in the right lane off the corner of the trailer when he jerks his wheel and slams the trailer into my left front fender. While she is on the phone with 911 ! "Good lord he hit us again " she tells the 911 op. Now he knows he has to stop. he pulls over I am behind him, wife is telling me to stay in the car , I am ignoring her, I get out and proceed to stand in front of his truck and voice my opinion of his driving habits with my index finger point at him. then he makes the first smart move of the encounter and won't get out of the truck, he says " I'm callin the cops" I go back to the car and wifies phone rings -ITS THE COPS -" does your husband have a gun" "yes and he has a permit" she says they tell her to tell me to stay in the car till they arrive , which I do (calm down time) three cops arrive 20 minutes later , I get out and tell my side of the story he get sighted and am sent on my way. the police are very professional they see the sr9 on my hip and never make any mention of it or ask to see the ccdw. I hope big red had a nice trip back to Virginia.
George.....
Sounds like you have had a very interesting morning to say the least.
 #105035  by Tonygoldston

I am going to ask a question. Not pointing fingers or laying blame just thinking. ( George you handled better than I would have)

Had the situation escalated...the other driver got out pulled a gun worst case stuff.
Would George getting out of the car and voicing opinion of his driving, could that have been seen in worst case as an escalation and end up on the wrong side of the cops?
 #105038  by Kuntryboy816

While a little more self control and situational de-escalation would certainly be in order, if the guy in the truck gets out with a gun then all bets are off and it's self-defense at that point. George was not posing as a threat to the guys life by standing there yelling at the guy, regardless of being armed!! I'd even argue that the guy intentionally hitting George's vehicle repeatedly was a life-threatening act in of itself. Luckily nobody greivously lost control of their vehicle and ended up in a worse situation.
 #105046  by georgie c

thanks for the input kb816 . hopefully lessons were learned all around. intimidation by 40 foot long rig is not the best thing to do to a little bitty Nissan cube
 #105054  by Owen

+1 glad no one was hurt.