If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #106755  by myopicvisionary

There is no need to declare your weapon. Just walk in. They may or may not say anything at all to you.
 #106756  by GatorDude

:pointlaugh: :pointlaugh:
2xTony wrote:So whats black friday at cabelas like? They lower their prices to msrp? Lol
 #106757  by dave_in_delaware

Maintenance Guy wrote:... I went to the desk to declare my OC weapon. I was asked what I wanted done with it. I explained that I was only OCing.
Declare your weapon? Huh? Is it store policy to make you tell the "front desk greeters" that you're armed? If it was OC then they should have noticed.
Maintenance Guy wrote:If I was going to unholster it, I needed to come back to the front of the store to have it cleared. I just thought to myself that if I needed to unholster it, there wasn't going to be time to walk back to the front. I could pretty much "clear it" on my own.
Why would you need to clear your OC gun in the store? And why would you let someone else do it? When I was there, the "greeters" told me to keep it holstered. I told them that I would do that, unless I needed to use it. They understood what I meant.
Maintenance Guy wrote:... until I went to register the weapon.
Um, what?
 #106767  by Pjd832

well as everyone probably knows by now...there was no terrorist attack yesterday at the mall or cabelas..... :roll:
 #106768  by Pjd832

2xTony wrote:So whats black friday at cabelas like? They lower their prices to msrp? Lol
nope it was down to 5% over msrp
:lol:
 #106770  by Maintenance Guy

I'm sorry I said that wrong. I did not register my weapon, I asked the Government permission to buy it and I really don't think that they clear their computers every evening before going home. Therefore it is IMO "registered" to me. Thats how they found out that the weapon used to shoot a Philadelphia LEO was bought in Texas and stolen in Georgia. Like I said, Just my opinion.
 #106774  by CorBon

Maintenance Guy wrote:I'm sorry I said that wrong. I did not register my weapon, I asked the Government permission to buy it and I really don't think that they clear their computers every evening before going home. Therefore it is IMO "registered" to me. Thats how they found out that the weapon used to shoot a Philadelphia LEO was bought in Texas and stolen in Georgia. Like I said, Just my opinion.
Actually, some folks may recall that old woman down state that was denied a couple of years ago because the DSP looked through their records and noticed that she had never purchased a firearm before. And, we all know that it wouldn't make sense for them to NOT keep data records, right?
 #106779  by Owen

Glad nothing bad happened black Friday.

I've open carried into Cabela's several times. All they ever ask me is if I am planning on un-holstering in store. If I was then they want to check it clear. I am not, so I just keep it loaded and holstered and there is no problem.

As far as gun tracing (Viper please correct me if I'm wrong) but I think it's based on the serial number. I'm pretty sure the they can track serial number from the manufacturer to which distributor. Then by serial number again from distributor to the FFL. Then from the FFL it's paper traceable to the seller. It would take a while but serial numbers are part of the sale. Would be easier if the FFL ordered direct from the manufacturer.
 #106780  by 2xTony

Yeah its up to the ffl to keep the records of what guns go to what people. When they call you in theyre just checking if youre allowed to buy a gun, they dont record what youre actually specifically buying
 #106977  by rosco87

You know reading these past comments a lot of them sound like the neighbors of the San Bernardino terrorists! They noticed something but they didn't say anything because they didn't want to be labeled racist! If you see something or someone suspicious report it! Whether the person is black white blue purple or green! Imagine if something would have happened at cabelas on Black Friday or anywhere for that matter and no one said anything about people taking pics of security cam locations, or buyin items for possible IED's!