If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #107397  by cmath

That's ashame you had such an experience. I bank at pnc, and they have no such sign up to my knowledge. The only signage I've seen says remove Hats and sunglasses. Or something along those lines. I've open carried at multiple pnc's in the past and had no issue what so ever. But I don't think you handled it too poorly. Of course you can run what you should have/could have said over and over in your mind after the fact. Should,coulda,woulda but oh well ya know.
 #107490  by rosco87

There is always someone who is going to have something negative to say to you on here! You ask a simple question or tell a story such as yours and some keyboard warrior steps up and tries to act all high and mighty!
 #107493  by Kuntryboy816

rosco87 wrote:There is always someone who is going to have something negative to say to you on here! You ask a simple question or tell a story such as yours and some keyboard warrior steps up and tries to act all high and mighty!
Google Image Search = Keyboard Commando
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #107920  by outrun

Shame on many of the respondents to this post - and some compliments.

1. To the original poster, you need to carefully reason your statements. Force of law is irrelevant at the point of being asked to leave the property. Second, do you really want Delaware to adopt the Texas debacle of 30.06 legally enforced signage barring carry?? Google 30.06 and have fun.

2. One poster suggested asking the manager the law as one banker dubiously referenced FDIC businesses. Seriously? If you knew what you were doing you would address such a 'communication' to the GENERAL COUNSEL of the party in mention. However, that likely will not end well.

Unlike retailers who have largely deferred to "state carry laws" many financial institutions are explicitly hostile to the 2A to the point of denying service to those in the firearms sector. Then lets take this a step further, Delaware is politically owned by banks. By failing to exercise tact this is not going to end well for us as these bank lobbies (still) own the Delaware Congress. We already lost open carry at meetings of the people (city & municipal halls), banks would be the next easy target to muzzle us.

TACT and DIPLOMACY people! My response would have been nothing referring to the illegality of the signage. I agree in the request to complete my transaction, vacate the premises henceforth, and then think very carefully on writing a letter, or taking my business elsewhere.
 #108862  by Untoten

rosco87 wrote:There is always someone who is going to have something negative to say to you on here! You ask a simple question or tell a story such as yours and some keyboard warrior steps up and tries to act all high and mighty!
I figured I would have a few comments about what I said but I admitted that my comment about the sign was a mistake. There was no need for any attitude in the posts. A couple of others posted about my sign comment being a screw up without giving me attitude about it.

Besides my flub about the sign I was overly courteous like I always am and he was courteous back. He obviously had no problems with me considering he was going to let me stay in the bank and continue my transaction if I wasn't done yet. The only reason I even brought up the sign was because at first I thought he was implying I was breaking the law by carrying a gun in a bank. I just wanted to inform him I was legally carrying and botched what I was going to say by bringing up the sign.

All in all I'm only human and I'm sure I'm not the only person to say something idiotic when they shouldn't have.