If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #51  by Wynder

This was in November of 2007...

I had taken my 13-year old nephew over to People's Plaza to go see "Meet the Spartans" -- his choice, not mine. :) In any case, as we exited the theater, we were walking back to the vehicle and we saw an SUV that had two flats. "Tires probably slashed, damned shame," I said. Then, as we finally approached my vehicle, I noticed it was dipping down to the front left... I had a tire slashed as well.

Being a Friday night, the State Police were out in front of the theater, so I ran over to the officer out front and let her know that a few vehicles (I think there were a total of four cars that evening) had their tires slashed. She radioed the officer who was patrolling the parking lot and he met us about 10-15 minutes later.

He was very nice, apologized profusely, saying that he felt responsible since he was patrolling the lot and basically asked for our information so he could file reports for our insurance. This evening, I wasn't specifically open carrying because of my destination that evening; however, during the course of retrieving my license, proof of insurance, the officer certainly took notice of my sidearm and, whether his dealings with me that evening reassured him or he'd thought I'd went through enough this evening, not a word was said.

However, when the shopping center security (An older guy and a younger guy) was driving around earlier taking down the information of the vehicles that had been vandalized, my nephew said that the younger guy had noticed I was carrying when I was pulling the spare out of my trunk and did a :shock:, heh.

Circumstances excepting, it was a nice encounter. The Delaware State Police Officer who helped me was very kind and courteous -- being my first real encounter with the police (with anything), I was pleased with their conduct and relations with the folks who were having a bad night.