If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #60600  by jslacker

I was over on our Facebook counterpart and saw that X-Ring has put a statement out on their page in response to a question asked by one of our members. The question was, pretty much, what is your stance on Open Carry?

(Name withheld), while we certainly respect the law and your right to open carry, for the safety of our customers and employees, we ask that all firearms be unloaded prior to being brought into our store. Thanks, Pam :banghead:

I for one have been inside of X-Ring numerous times while OCing and had not a word said to me, I know others have been in X-Ring as well while OCing and nary a word said to them either.... Makes me wonder what the :censored: changed? :?
 #60612  by dave_in_delaware

I don't know what has changed.

Soon after the sisters took over the place, I had sent an email asking their stance on OC in their store. I was told it was perfectly fine. And I've OC'd into X-Ring countless times since, never a problem.

Maybe this is another instance of "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission."
 #60622  by DragonJames

Like i said in my OC log, there was no problem when i went in there OC-ing the guy who sold me my pistol asked me if id shot it yet and how it felt and all. Not a problem
 #60625  by photog

Can someone PLEASE explain to me the reason behind asking, calling, sending letters, e-mails, etc.. to ask a store about their OC policy???

Every store says the same thing...."we don't like it... please don't. But we respect your right to."

So, If there is no sign, and they don't ask you to leave.. then carry on!! If they do ask you to disarm or leave... then LEAVE! What is the old sayin'," It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Now.... STOP F :censored: IN' ASKING FOR THIER "POLICY" ... Or, sure as shit, there will be a sign on the door in no time..... and you will have f'ed it up for everyone who has carried in their numerous times without a problem. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Remember... we are trying to get OC more accepted. And the ONLY way to accomplish that is for folks to see it as normal, everyday citizens going about their business. Not a bunch of outcasts sheepishly whispering.... is it ok if i do this?

Think about it... have a nice day!
 #60630  by Mr.Skellington

photog wrote:Can someone PLEASE explain to me the reason behind asking, calling, sending letters, e-mails, etc.. to ask a store about their OC policy???

Every store says the same thing...."we don't like it... please don't. But we respect your right to."

So, If there is no sign, and they don't ask you to leave.. then carry on!! If they do ask you to disarm or leave... then LEAVE! What is the old sayin'," It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Now.... STOP F :censored: IN' ASKING FOR THIER "POLICY" ... Or, sure as shit, there will be a sign on the door in no time..... and you will have f'ed it up for everyone who has carried in their numerous times without a problem. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Remember... we are trying to get OC more accepted. And the ONLY way to accomplish that is for folks to see it as normal, everyday citizens going about their business. Not a bunch of outcasts sheepishly whispering.... is it ok if i do this?

Think about it... have a nice day!
X2!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 #60631  by jslacker

:applause: :applause: :applause: I agree! Carry until asked not to, then never shop there again.
 #60632  by DragonJames

Thank you photog, im all for asking forgiveness before permission, you will always be told they dont like it if you ask, but its not about what people like or dont like, its about your right to defend yourself and loved ones, i will respect a request to leave or disarm, but i wont be disarming, ill simply leave, and i will voice to that person i will no longer patronize the establishment
 #60649  by bluedog46

I have cc and Ocd there and have had no problems. that would be pretty wierd. X-ring is a gun shop not a kitting class.