If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #23877  by scampbell3

dave_in_delaware wrote:That incident sounds like an isolated one, pertaining to that particular employee. I've never had a problem with OCing in X-Ring, no matter who was working there.
Dave,
This was an "isolated" incident, with one employee. But, I will stand by my decision to send my money and recommendations elsewhere, because of that one employee. Sugarboy13 was right, they are fools.

An employee is an agent and representative of the store and ultimately then owners of said store. Their actions are a direct influence on not only the public, but on how the public will view the establishment and their customer service. Many people will patronize establishments for many reasons, price, selection, and perceived value. But in the end it is how the customer is treated and the level of service they provide in return for the sale of goods and/or service.

In this one employee, the owners and management of X-ring have failed, not only with this employee's irrational preaching to me, and their insane ammunition restriction. WTF. Who the F :censored: k cares if someone wants to buy 3,4,5 boxes of ammunition? they still sold the f :censored: ing ammunition (at inflated prices) whether they sell it to one person or 100, they still make money, their logic is irrational. :banghead:

My money, and my time will shop elsewhere. The owners/management should consider Sugarboys13's advise. I will no longer endorse or recommend X-Ring.

Chip
 #23878  by dave_in_delaware

Chip, I wasn't trying to change your mind, nor was I endorsing X-Ring. They happen to be my favorite gun store, and i've had no problems in there. Of course, if I had your experience, then I'd probably black-list it just as you did.

Maybe this employee was a "newer" person? Or was it someone who has been there for a long time? I've spoken with one of the new owners before, and I'm pretty sure she'd be very upset to hear that one of her employees treated a customer like that. Maybe it's worth a complaint? Because, as we all know, a happy customer will not only come back, but tell their friends. Which is good for the owners to know. And an owner can't "correct" an employee's horrible actions if they don't know it happened in the first place.
 #23879  by scampbell3

Dave,

This is probably was a new employee, It was one I had never seen before that day in July. In hind sight, I probably should have addressed the issue, but at the time I was far too pissed off, and probably would have made the situation worse. But since then I have developed an excellent relation with a shop down here in Laurel and have not needed any reason to re-visit X-Ring. I probably would not have even posted in this thread, but there have been several varying encounters at this store, and felt it necessary to post my experience so others are aware of what happened. The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.

If others have had positive experiences with X-Ring that is great. But the actions of this employee in addition to their draconian ammunition restrictions are what turned my business elsewhere.

I have brooded on this too long, time to think happy thoughts..... :D

Chip
 #23889  by dave_in_delaware

Well, that explains the stupidity there: it was a new employee. It's a shame though, that someone with that attitude is even working in a gun store. I suppose it was best to not engage the owner in a complaint if you were that upset. But again, even a quick email into them might do some good, even if it only brings the subject to light and nothing more.

Besides, X-Ring isn't exactly local to Laurel anyway. :shock:
 #23895  by myopicvisionary

If you want a good OC experience in a gun store then head over to nearby Patriot Firearms. OC is the order of the day and Elizabeth has told me if one guy walks in with his lottery winnings, she will sell him every round of ammunition in the shop! She'll probably have Dave help him load in the customer's car too.
 #23897  by scampbell3

myopicvisionary wrote:If you want a good OC experience in a gun store then head over to nearby Patriot Firearms. OC is the order of the day and Elizabeth has told me if one guy walks in with his lottery winnings, she will sell him every round of ammunition in the shop! She'll probably have Dave help him load in the customer's car too.
I will agree. I have been to Patriot before. Only good experencies. I visit them when I am up in Newark visiting my parents

chip
 #23898  by dave_in_delaware

Heh, it's funny you say that about Patriot.

My first time going there was awesome, and everyone (including the owners) was very friendly and talkative. I think I was there for about 2 hours. That's when VWpilot was working there.

My second trip to there was with my wife, because I wanted her to meet everyone there and check out their products. Sure, they were still pro-OC, but this time the owner was all business, and I mean ALL business. No chatting. Short answers to my questions. She seemed to be annoyed that I may have come in there to just browse, or that I brought my wife, or something. I didn't feel very welcomed that day.
 #23901  by Tony T

I went to Patriot one day with $1500 in my pocket. I planned on buying an AR.

I get to the door and it's locked. I turn to leave and I hear a door buzzer. I turn around and enter the store, literaly two steps in I am commaned to stop. I freeze and start thinking, "What the hell did I just do, track some dog crap into the store or something?"

In what I consider a short manner I'm told to remove my baseball cap. I relentingly complied so I could continue my transaction. The remaining conversation didn't seem too friendly. I decided not to step foot in there again. I was tempted many times, I wanted to support the store since Rob worked there. But I just never went back.

At Xring, there is at least one long term employee who works there that is very anti OC. He also happens to be a professional concealed carry instructor. If you mention OC he starts running down the anti-list. I believe his son is also a concealed carry instructor by the way, but I'm not sure about that part.

Millers sucks imo. NO local gun store fits me.
 #23903  by glock9

i was at x ring on saturday. they wanted to sell me only one box of 380 ammo for $25. he got mad when i said no. i went to millers and bought the same box for $17.50. and could have as many as i wanted, not just one. i wont be back to that store
 #23904  by dave_in_delaware

I wasn't aware of an ammo limit at X-Ring. Have they always had a limit, or is this recent? I have never bought ammo there, so I have no idea.